Chapter 2

Tears well in my eyes as the realisation hits. Ellington and I kissed and Kelly caught us. 

Running up to my room, I decided to put my earphones in and listen to music as the sobs escape me. Riker entered not long after, collapsing beside me and pulling me close in a comforting manner as I eventually grew tired, falling asleep shortly after. 

When I finally wake, the ache in my head made an appearance. Walking downstairs, I grab a few painkillers and sip my water until a familiar throat clear was heard. Turning to Ell, I gave him a sad, small smile. Opening my mouth, I struggled to find the words. Ellington interrupted, "Can we talk?" All I could do was nod, curious to hear him out. Turning, I walked to her room, followed closely by Ellington. 

"I'm sorry for kissing you, I shouldn't have." My heart dropped, the tears began welling again. Pushing the lump from my throat, I answer, "Do you regret it?" His expression was unreadable, a mixture of confusion and hurt was present, "No, I don't regret it. I loved it, I just shouldn't have kissed you knowing I had a girlfriend." 

I wince, clearly uncomfortable, a wave of guilt flooding my emotions, "How is she?" Ellington let out a chuckle, only it wasn't full of humour. It was seeping with hurt, breaking my heart. "She broke up with me. It was expected, it was my own fault. I knew it hadn't been working lately, instead of being a man and doing the right thing by breaking up with her, I let her get hurt. I just feel guilty." I nod, fully understanding. "I feel guilty too, but whats done is done." 

Sitting in silence for a while, it was finally broken by the voice of the man I love dearly. "So, we've established we like each other. Now what? Should we try it?" Thinking momentarily, I made a decision, "I'd love to, but not straight away. It hasn't even been half a day since you guys broke up. We'll give it time, when it happens, it happens. That way, we don't rush into things." 

Nodding with a smile, he kissed my forehead and flopped onto my bed. "Wanna watch a film?" Turning on 'Tangled', I lean into him and get comfortable. 

(NOT FINISHED EDITING, CONTINUING THIS CHAPTER AND EDITING THE REST)