with or without me, baby you should be happy [part 18]

Louis’ POV

Sam just broke down and started crying. I’ve never seen her this sad before. She always seemed cheerful or just daydreaming. I can’t bear to see her sad. It hurts me too.

“Hey, hey it’s okay.” I pulled her close to me and hugged her tight.

The plan was to tell her Liam broke up with Beth because he loved her. Then have her show up at the party and he’ll ask her out.

Just seeing her like this makes me wanna tell her I love her instead. Liam just seems like he’s causing her a lot of pain, but if I did tell her I love her then Liam would be hurt and our friendship would die.

When Sam finally stopped crying a bit, I decided to take her out and walk around so she wouldn’t be so sad about it.

“Come on! Go get dressed and then come back out.” She went into her room and came back out. She wasn’t wearing something really ‘nice’, she was wearing comfortable wear I guess you could say. Whatever it was she still looked effortlessly good. 

“Wait, I’m going to get Hubs’ leash.” She went off to Hubs and came back with him leashed on and ready to go on a walk.

We went out the door and started walking. It was a nice walk, she didn’t seem as sad anymore. That was good.

We talked and talked until we came across the topic of Liam’s party and her going back to LA.

“So do you have to go back to LA? You’re an awesome manager! Please. Don’t go.” We were back to the doorstep of our flat.

“No, but I want to.” I could tell in her voice she really wanted to go.

“Please, just come to Liam’s birthday party and then decide?” I smiled.

“Alright. Bye, thanks for staying with me.” She smiled too and went through the door./p>

I went to Liam’s door and knocked, “Liaaamm. Open up.” In a matter of seconds the door swung open.

“Hi Louis, what’s up?” I walked in and sat myself on his couch.

“You heard about Sam wanting to leave right?”

“Well yeah, Beth told us. Did you just see her?”

“Yep! She actually wanted to leave because of you.”

“Really? Beth was right…I…shouldn’t….”

“Liam, don’t worry! I’ve convinced her to stay for a little while longer! But, only until after tomorrow.”

“Okay, so I have until tomorrow. I’m going to have to make her want to stay.” His face lit up instantly.