Chapter 1

Brooke's POV

I woke up in a car. I rubbed my eyes when I opened them. Lights were shining in my face from the world outside. As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I saw that my friend Olivia was driving and Alana was sitting in the passenger seat. I sat up from the laying position I was in. My head hurt like crazy! "Well, Ms. Sleepy pants is up" Olivia said while looking in the rear view mirror. "What do you remember?". I cleared my throat and squinted my eyes, signaling pain to my head. "The last thing I remember is dancing with this dude named Jason, at the party". Alana had a surprised look on her face. "Well, he was hot." she giggled. "Alana!"Olivia said. "What?". she asked. "We're trying to make sure she's okay, not talk about some hot dudes at the party" Olivia snapped. "You guys were dancing. As he went to the bathroom, you tried walking somewhere and tripped. You hit your head on the wall, hard! Then you went unconscious, and lied there on the floor.  We set you on the couch, knowing you're fine. We put some ice in a washcloth, on your head." she explained. Wow, I must be really clumsy. I got back into a laying position and fell back asleep.

Jason's POV

I got back home from a high school party. The girl I was dancing with, Brooke, was just so amazing. But, when I came back from using the bathroom she was gone... did she not like me? Did I do something to upset her? Did she go somewhere with another guy? I don't know... I unlocked the door to my house and walked in. I threw my keys onto the kitchen counter and shut the door, making sure to lock it. I really like this girl, I want to get to know her more. I texted my best friend Carter and asked him something.

Me: Hey, you have time to talk?

Carter: Sure man, what's up?

Me: You know that girl Brooke Clifford from school right?

Carter: Yeah, we'd partner up all the time in Biology class. She gave me her phone number so whenever we had a project we can work together. She's the only person I know in that class except for Elijah. He partners with his girlfriend though. Only if my girlfriend were in my class I would.

Me: Well can I have it?

Carter: Have what? Her number? Why?

Me: So I can text her and talk to her. She's literally in none of my classes.

Carter: Okay... I'll give it to you over the phone.

Me: Thanks man!

He called me a few minutes after and gave me the number. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and then added it to my contacts. Hopefully she hasn't changed her number. It was really late, about two-thirty in the morning. So, I decided I'll go to bed and text her in the morning...