Chapter 13 - Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Calm the fuck down, you jerk! What is wrong with you?!" I demanded after getting out of his deadly hug. Dustin's glare went to me and his eyes narrowed slightly at me. "I thought I told you I don't like you talking to guys except me." Now it was my turn to glare at him, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Now that is just plain wrong." I said, ignoring the crowd that we are making. "You can't just make me stop talking to guys just because you said so." Dustin's eyes went into slits as he grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him.

"Listen here and listen well. I am not one to be challenged that easily. You are mine and that is that!"

"The fuck do you mean? Don't be such an ass, Reggins. We were just talking! Why are you acting so violent like this?" I exclaimed in frustration, but then a thought came to mind and I stared at the anger in Dustin's eyes.

"Don't tell me you're jealous?" I asked, testing the waters. "Fuck you, fag. Why would I be jealous?" He exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes. Yeah, he's not jealous, he's just a possessive SOB. "Why indeed?" I agreed with him with a mocking voice before turning to Levi who was watching our exchange on the floor, cradling his arm.

"C'mon. I'll take you to the infirmary. Seems like you hit the wall pretty bad." I commented at Levi and put his hand over my shoulder and my hand on his waist. I'm not even sure why I did that, because it seemed like he can pull his own weight.

I felt a hand on my arm and was abruptly yanked away from aiding Levi, making the latter fell yet again. I turned to Dustin with menacing eyes and was taken aback by how cold and deadly his eyes were.

"I am fucking jealous! So don't go with him or you wouldn't see him breathing again." Dustin threatened and I could actually feel a chill go down my spine at the sight of sincerity in his features. Fuck shit, he's serious!

What do I do? What will I fucking do?!

"Dustin?" A female voice called out that had snapped me from my inner turmoil. We all turned to face the voice and I saw the girl from earlier. The one who had kicked me. I narrowed my eyes into slits when Dustin's grip loosened as his face brightened a bit by the arrival of the new comer.

"What's going on?" She asked in that sickening sweet voice. She was fucking feigning innocence! That fucking bitch. "Jena," Dustin called and I actually got pissed when Dustin disregarded me and went to that Jena girl. They hugged as if they hadn't seen each other for years.

And I learned that they hadn't when Dustin asked, "when did you get back?" Jena chuckled at the eagerness in Dustin's voice and went to tell him her story. I glanced at Levi and then back at the two who were still talking. I was not sure why I was pissed, but I was.

And to let him know that I'm pissed, I went to them. The first one to notice me was that Jena girl, who raised her brow in question when I snaked my hand around Dustin's arm and asked in a sweet voice, "aren't you gonna introduce me, babe?"

Dustin noticed me and frowned. Something about that reaction of his made me raise a brow. He averted his eyes to Jena who was staring at us, glaring at me, I mean. "Jena, this is Ashley. Ash, this is Jena, my childhood friend."

"Sweetheart. Childhood sweetheart." Jena corrected with a smug look. I raised my brow at her, silently asking what's that got to do with me? "Hi, I'm Ashley. Dustin's girlfriend." I introduced with a sweet smile, making the smug look on Jena's face falter. I internally gagged when I referred myself as a girl. I am not a fucking girl!

Damn you, Reggins!

I felt a nudge on my side, making me look at Dustin, who was glaring at me. Seriously? I just rolled my eyes at him before letting go of my hold on his arm and made my way to Levi. The poor guy was still sitting on the floor and people were already whispering to themselves.

"Let's go, Lev. We need to get you to the infirmary." I said and Levi just nodded, taking my outstretched hand and I pulled him up. "Where are you going?" A voice I know so well asked from behind me, so I turned and gave Dustin my most innocent smile. "I'm taking him to the infirmary." I replied before taking Levi's hand and dragged him away from the crowd.

"Are you sure it's okay to leave him like that for me?" Levi asked when we were far from the crowd. I glanced at him before returning my gaze up ahead. It wasn't but I wasn't needed there. I know where my limits lie. Besides, we were only pretending so I've no right to feel upset that he didn't even follow me.

I'm jealous, okay? It's hard to fight it when I'm starting to fall for that jerk. Damn you, Reggins. It's all your fault!

We entered the infirmary and the school nurse immediately checked my companion while I sat on a chair, watching as the nurse inspected Levi's shoulder. "It doesn't look bad, just muscle pain. I'm just gonna give you pain killers for it and let your arm and shoulder rest." The nurse said and I sighed in relief. At least it wasn't that bad.

We thanked the nurse after giving Levi his pain killers and went out of the room, where we saw Dustin leaning on the wall with his arms crossed against his chest and a scowl plastered on his face. Jena was beside him, talking animatedly but I doubt if Dustin heard her.

Dustin noticed us and his eyes turned into slits before pulling away from the wall, making Jena halt her story and turned to us as well. I rolled my eyes when she discreetly glared at me, but it seemed Dustin thought that eye roll was for him, because he frowned.

"What'd I do?" He asked when he was in front of us. I glanced at Levi, who visibly tensed beside me. What the hell did Dustin do to Levi for him to act like this? I tapped Levi's shoulder lightly, ignoring the glare Dustin gave us. Levi turned his gaze to me and I gave him a smile, earning a growl from Dustin.

"I'm sorry about what Reggins did. He was just in a bad mood. But he's sorry, that's why he's here. Right, babe? You're sorry, right?" I turned to Dustin and narrowed my eyes at him and he actually fucking pouted!

"Yeah, uh... sorry 'bout that, man. I just had a bad day." Dustin said, emphasizing the 'bad' in a way that made me roll my eyes. I glanced at the girl beside Dustin and saw her glaring at me. Fuck, what did I do to her? Oh wait, never mind. It was a stupid question.

"Yeah. I understand. Uhm... I gotta go. See you, Ash." Levi said nervously before walking away from us. We watched him until he was out of sight and I turned my gaze to Dustin who was also looking at me. "What did you do to him?" I asked him, gesturing to where Levi disappeared to.

"Nothin'," was his reply with a shrug like it was no big fucking deal. "He visibly stiffen when he saw you, Reggins! Don't tell me you're bullying that kid? Oh, fuck no, Reggins. You are not touching one hair on his head!" I exclaimed in anger when I put two and two together, pointing at his chest.

"Hey, cut that out! He said he did nothing, so why are you accusing him?" Jena suddenly said, slapping my hand that was pointing Dustin's chest, making my glare go to her. "Am I talking to you?" I asked and she glared at me. "Besides, I'm not accusing him, as you put it, but I'm saying that he's been bullying that guy behind my back." I glanced at Dustin when I said the last part.

"Why are you even defending him? I'm supposed to be your boyfriend, so you should be on my side!" Dustin exclaimed in annoyance and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And what? Tolerate your behavior? Keep a blind eye to whatever you're doing? That's the thing, Reggins! You're my boyfriend and yet you dare hurt my friend! Who the fuck does that?" I exclaimed in frustration. "Whatever. This is enough confrontation for one day. I'm outta here." I announced, putting both my hands up so that they knew I gave up before turning around and walked where Levi had went off earlier.

"Why are you letting that fag go? He fucking disrespected you! He even has the nerve to accuse you! You should teach him a lesson, Dustin or else he'll take advantage of you." I heard Jena say as I rounded the corner, not bothering to listen if Dustin replied or not.

I was beyond pissed at him for what he did. He doesn't have the right to do what he do! I've been a victim of his, but I could take care of myself, so I got away. But picking on someone that can't look out for themselves is what I hate the most! And I fucking hate Dustin Reggins for that.