Chapter 7 - First Day of... What?!

Start from the beginning

Don't underestimate me, people. You'll all surely be surprised.

"I'd shut my mouth if I was you, fag." Richard sneered, fighting the urge to roll my eyes. "You know, your 'king' actually said that to me not too long ago. Oh wait, he actually says that to me everytime we meet. You really are one loyal lackey of his since even the way he talks, you're imitating him. Gosh, I'm so proud." I said sarcastically, wiping an imaginary tear at the end.

I should really stop antagonizing people who are double my size and towers over me if I want to live, but, meh. I'm not Ashley if I'm just gonna back down without a fight. I may be on the slim side - and I don't like it one bit - but I know how to land hits. I'm really not into violence, but when backed into a corner, you've no choice but to fight your way out.

And that's what I'm doing right now, if the man of honor himself hadn't showed up. Damn it. I was actually itching for a fight! A contradictory with what I just said earlier. Ignore me.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Reggins' voice boomed, making everyone - including me and the five lackey of his - turn their attention to him. He had stopped walking when he was near us, his expression that of a lion, anytime he'd just grab you and chew you.

"Ah, Dustin. We were just teaching this fag a lesson on not messing with you." Richard said, smiling at Reggins as if what he said were the norms like asking about the weather and politics. I'm not even sure if those are normal, but whatever.

I saw Reggins' eyes narrow dangerously at the jocks who were in front of me before his gaze went to mine. I arched a brow at him, as if asking 'what'. He returned his narrowed gaze towards his lackeys and I noticed that Angel and Monique were right behind him, staring at me with those eyes that twinkled with I don't know what.

Reggins walked slowly towards us, the crowd parting like the red sea. When he reached us, he stood in front of Richard, towering the latter by a good few inch. While Richard was 6'1", Reggins was 6'5. He towers over me by a good foot. Damn it. I hate my height.

"And why are you teaching him a lesson? Did I tell you to do it?" Reggins asked, his voice lowered a few octaves and it actually sent a chill through my spine, making the hairs on my nape stand on edge. Damn, this is the first time I actually felt scared of Reggins, but I didn't let it show on my face as I made it impassive when he neared us.

"N-no. We, uh, thought that the fag was messing with you that's why you're forced to hang out with him." Richard stuttered. Richard freaking Lincoln stuttered! Damn, if it were any other time, I'd have already laughed at him, but I can't. I was frozen in place by how cold and deadly the atmosphere has become.

"Oh? I was forced to hang out with him?" Reggins asked, pointing at me and his lackeys followed the direction Reggins pointed. I rolled my eyes at them, earning me a glare from Reggins' lackeys. "Yeah. If it weren't for him, you wouldn't hang out with him and his friends of freaks. I bet he blackmailed you, so you've no choice but to pretend that you both are dating."

Damn, he hit the nail on the head on the last one, but I didn't blackmail him, you know? I don't even like the guy, so why do something that does not benefit me in the slightest? Gods, people can be overbearing at times. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at what Richard had said.

"First of all," I started, making everyone's attention go to me. "I didn't 'force' Reggins to hang out with me and my friends. Duh, why the hell would I force him..." My mind registered that my girl friends were there, looking at me intently. "Uh, why would I force him to hang out with me when he's my b-boyfriend?" I can't believe I couldn't say the last word with conviction. This is humiliating! Ugh.

Richard took a menacing step towards me, his eyes glaring at me and his nose flared. If looks could really kill, I'd have been a cold body right now. "What did you say, bitch?" I turned to Reggins and discreetly signed to him that he need not to interfere with me. He rolled his eyes after staring at me for a few minutes, probably to convince me otherwise.