Caught between a hunter and a hard place!

Start from the beginning

The man, who had scared me within an inch of my life, was ripped off me and thrown down the alley.

I never got a look at my saviour but what I did get a look at was the news report the next day. The man’s wretched evil face on the news while the reporter said the words that still ring in my head

“This man was found at eight a.m. today after falling twenty stories from his down town apartment building, signs of a struggle indicate that fowl play may have been involved, if anyone has any information on this please contact the police”.

This sudden realization caused me to whisper the following words

“it was you” my voice shrill and full of shock

“Clara you have to believe me when I tell you I did not mean to kill him, it’s just when I saw him holding you like that, hitting you, and scaring you. I know what scum like him would have done and I just lost it” I felt as a few tears fell on to the back of my head. Dimitri was crying. He held me tighter so I didn’t bother moving to see his face.

“you did that for me?” I asked

“I would do anything to protect you!” he said with so much passion and seriousness.

“thank you” I nuzzled into his chest more “will you tell me more, I don’t want to think about that night anymore!” fighting back the tears that formed in my eyes. I know I don’t want to hear this but I think I have to.

“what do you want to know?” he asked a little unsure how to move on from that

“who sent you to watch me?” it’s the main question on my mind

“A very powerful demon” he said slowly choosing his words carefully.

“you’re not telling me something, what is it?” I can tell he is withholding something important.

“Clara it’s not for me to tell you” he says remorseful

“oh okay” I mutter, now I need another question, “what are you now, you said you used to be a full demon” it seems like a fair question

“you know this already, I am your protector” he replies

“no I mean when you said I changed you, what did you mean?” I clarify

“oh, well when I fe..” he cut of mid word “I realised I wanted to protect you I made a deal with the angel’s, they got rid of most of the demon but they couldn’t eradicate all of it, so I guess you could say I’m a really good demon or a kinda bad angel” I felt his chest move as he let out a small laugh.

“so you’re good?” I ask

“it’s hard to define, everyone is both good and evil, it’s what you do that defines you, and sometimes you have to be bad for the greater good” he says softly. I guess that makes senses. Oh now i need another question!