Chapter 38

A/N: The end of this work is in sight. I haven't decided if there will be a sequel yet or not. Also just to clear something up. All of the teenage characters are 18 at this point except Amy and Austin. I'm sorry for the confusion. Also, I am so sorry about the really late updates, school has just been really hectic, but thank you for reading!(:

Songs of the chapter 

I Want to Hold Your Hand by Glee Cast

Say Something by A Great Big World.

Innocence by Avril Lavigne

_____________

Today is the day. Austin leaves for Miami and I don't know when I'll be able to see him again. 

I turn on my side to face him. He was still sleeping as I took a minute to take in all of his facial features. This was going to be the last time that I could see him wake up for a while.

I smiled as he drooled a little bit on his pillow. I closed my eyes and found myself slowly drifting back to sleep. 

I felt his warmth pull me close. I then snuggled up to Austin. 

"Good Morning, Princess." I could feel his smile on my neck.

"Morning, Austin." I opened my eyes to look up at him. He placed his lips on my forehead leaving a lingering kiss.

“Austin!” His mother yelled from down the stairs “I’m making pancakes and you need to finish packing. We’re leaving in three hours.”

Three hours. I groaned. “Only three hours? Isn’t there a later flight you can take?” I asked pouting.

“I don’t think so princess, I wish there was. I’d rather just lie in bed with you all day than pack.”

“Can I just say you ran away so you can come live with me in my bedroom?” He laughed at the idea. “Okay maybe that is a little too ridiculous but you could stay here.”

“You know I wish I could.”

“Yeah I do. I wish I didn’t have school so I could go with you.”

“I would love that. but your education is your first priority. Maybe you could go to college in Miami or just come move in with me.”

“Maybe I will, but graduation is still a good 7 months away.”

“Do you know what you want to be or do in the future?”

 “I want to write; at least I think that’s what I want.”

"That sounds like something you would be great at." He smiles at me. 

I look into his eyes still trying to memorize everything I possible can about him. "I love you" I say.

"I love you too." He says as he kisses me softly.

"I guess you should finish packing then?" I say as I start moving myself away from him.

"Not yet." He says as he pulls me back to him. 

"Austin!" His mom yells from downstairs 

"Yeah?" He yells back.

"I'm running to the store to grab some snacks for the flight. I'll be back in an hour or so"

"Okay" He looks at me and smirks. At this point I was looking at the posters on his wall. He added a couple more posters since last time I was here. I smiled as I saw posters that said happy 16th birthday to him. I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek. "What's wrong?" he asked as he placed his hand on my back.

I look at him, "Oh nothing, I'm just going to miss you so much." I half smile.

He kisses my cheek. "I'll miss you too. But I we will talk all the time." He said pushing the some stray hairs behind my ear

"Maybe. I know it is going to be hard with you not being here."

"I know. I will try to call you every night."

"Did you ever think we'd be here?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It is senior year, and you are leaving for Miami because you get to live your dreams." Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Well, I mean one day I knew that we'd be together." He blushed.

I looked down and I felt myself blush. "Really?" 

"Yeah. I mean I've had a crush on you for a while and then you started dating Tyler and then just all the drama started happening. So I didn't know how you felt about me."

"I've always liked you. It was always complicated and I thought you just liked me as a friend and then the whole freshmen year thing."

"See, we will be able to get through this. I mean we've been friends forever and we've always made sure to keep in touch."

"I know but I'd rather you stay here or I go with you. I don't wanna be apart."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and replied, "I don't either."

I groan. "I'm going to miss you so much."

He pulls me closer to him, "I'm going to miss you more." He says as rests his chin on the top of my head.

I breathe in his scent again. I release his shirt that has been bunched in my hand and just squeeze him. He is going to be gone in a few hours. "You really should finish packing babe." As I said that he pushed me over to the bed and sat me down on his suitcase and  started to zip. I laughed, "Austin, what the hell are you doing?"

He smiled and kept trying to zip me up. "I'm finishing my packing, duh."

"I don't think that the airport staff will appreciate that." 

He thought about what I had said for a minute. "Yeah, maybe not, but I will."

"Why do you have to be so freaking cute? Especially when you are about to leave me for a couple months?" I pouted.

"I could say the same about you." He leaned in and kissed me. He slowly moved me off of his suitcase and back onto his bed. I smiled a little.

"What do you think you are doing, Mister?"

He moved away. "I'm sorry"

I pulled him back. "I didn't tell you to stop" I smirked. "I mean we should make the most of our last hours."

"Definitely."  He came back over to me and began kissing me.

He kissed down my neck. I moved one of my hands to the back of his neck and the other to the hem of his shirt. I lifted his shirt slowly up his back. Our lips never leaving each other until I had to pull his shirt over his head. I slowly ran my hands down his back as he started taking off my shirt.

******************

"Wow" he said breathless. I rested my head on his chest which was rising and falling quickly.

I just lied there in silence soaking it all up. He was honestly the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. He was gentle and made sure that I was okay every step of the way. 

"You still have to finish packing" I said breathlessly. He groaned as he slowly got up taking the blanket with him. I smiled and grabbed it. "This has to stay here" I laughed.

He laughed and bent down to pick up his boxers and then leaned back over me and gave me a kiss.  "I don't know how I'm going to manage saying goodbye again." 

"You and me both kid" I said as he walked back over to his suitcase and moved the clothes that we had pushed on the floor into his suitcase. "I love you" I felt like that was what I needed to tell him right then and there.

"You made that pretty clear earlier." I felt my face heat up. "I love you too, Princess." He said as he zipped up his bag.