Chapter 30

Song of the chapter:

Heart Attack by Demi Lovato

______________________________

I looked over to the door and saw him standing there. He looked pretty upset, but he wasn't hurt. He looked perfect, like always.

"Austin.." I said. 

"I know you said you didn't want to see me, but this is important. Your mom asked me to tell you because she can't." he said

"Austin, what's going on?" I said really worriedly. If my mom couldn't tell me it has to be bad.

He came to sit by me on my bed.

"Tell me now. Please."

He put his hand on mine and started. "Your dad.. He." he stopped and looked at me. "He was in an accident. He died." 

"W-what" tears started to form in my eyes. 

"He was on his way home, then some where over Oklahoma the plane went down. There were some difficulties with the planes mechanics. They found the plane, but there were no survivors." He brought me into a hug. "I'm so sorry." I just sat there in his arms bawling my eyes. "Your mom is down stairs. If you want to go down there and talk to her." he said rubbing my back.

I nodded my head. "But will you come with me?" I asked him.

"Anything  for you, princess." he said, smiling at me. I smiled back, it was like before he went to Miami. It was just the way his voice brought me so much comfort.  I wiped away my tears before I took his hand in mine and we walked down stairs.

I saw my mom sitting on the couch just staring at the wall. I looked at Austin and let his hand go. I walked over to my mom. "Mom." I said and she looked up at me.

"Amy, I'm so" she started crying "I'm so sorry." She cried.

I couldn't cry. I had to be strong for her. I took at seat down by her and said "Mom, its okay." She looked at me and gave me an apologetic look and then she looked to Austin and stood up.

"Thank you, Austin." She said as she hugged him.

"You're welcome." He said as they let go.

"I don't mean just for this. I mean for everything you've done for us. You really do mean a lot to this family. Peter had hoped Amy would find a boy like you, and I'm glad he got to know you before he passed." She said. "But, if you two would excuse me, I have some funeral arrangements to make now." And with that she left the room.

Austin walked over to the couch and sat down next to me. 

I smiled a little thinking about what my mom had said. "He really did like you." I said to him.

"I really am sorry."

"Thanks." I said

"I don't just mean about your dad." he said.

"Austin-" he cut me off.

"I really shouldn't have let you walk out of that door the other day. It was a mistake." he said sincerely as he lightly rubbed my cheek. "I really do love you. With my whole heart. I talked to my manager and told him I couldn't "date" Meredith anymore. I want to take you out in public and treat you like the princess you are. I want to spend my days with you, doing what ever you want." He said.

"You know I love you, but I need time, I need to think.

"I know, And I'll give you that space." he said as he stood up. "I'll see you later." he said as he kissed my cheek. He walked over to the door but before he opened he said "Hey, Amy?"

I looked over my shoulder at him and said "Yeah?"

"Happy Birthday, Princess." he tossed me a little box.

I caught it and said "Wait"

"Yes, princess?"

I ran to him and hugged him "Thank you, for being here for me today and every other day" I said to him.

He pulled me close and said "I will always be here for you, whether you want me to or not" he finished as he let me go and open to door. He looked at me and winked then shut the door.

I opened the box, and it was necklace.  On the front it said I love you and the back said to the moon and back. I smiled at it and closed my hand and just held it there. 

*4 days later*

Today was the day. The day of my dad's funeral. I had to say goodbye for the last time. I stood with my mom, brothers, and sister. We stood inside the door, greeting people as they walked in. People greeting us with "I'm so sorry for your loss" Or "How are you holding up?" I mean it was nice to know people cared but I hated the constant asking how I was doing.

Floods of people came, people my dad worked with, his brother and sister, my moms friends and family, and my friends. We were about to go sit down, Austin walked in with his mom. They walked over to us and hugged us. We walked in together and sat down in the front, I sat next  to Austin. 

The service started, people got up and said stuff they remembered about him. Then Austin got up and sang  my dads favorite song. Thats when I lost it. After Austin finished it was time to go to the burial place. Once we got their some other people said stuff and then they started lowering it into the ground, I cried more. Austin put his arm around me, I wrapped my arms around him and started crying into his chest. He stood there and rubbed my back.

After they had finished putting him in the ground we started to leave. I was walking to the car with Austin. "Thank you so much, I don't know what I would do with you"  I said to him.

"I told you, I am always going to be here for you." he said stopping. He looked at me, and smiled. "You're wearing the necklace. Its true you know.. What the necklace says."

I laced my fingers with his, "I love you" I said kissing him on the lips. "And I want to spend my days with you too" I said placing another kiss on his lips. It felt different, a weird different. "Austin, did you get your braces off!?!?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah, I did. You could tell?" he smiled at me flashing his teeth.

"Yeah, that kiss felt different." I said blushing.

"So, Amy James. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" he asked

"Of course, I will, Austin." I kissed him. This time everything was going to be perfect.