Chapter 8

Songs Of the Chapter:

Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley

Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift

Let Me Be Myself by 3 Doors Down

______________________________

Amy's POV

I let him hold my hand and I smiled a little bit. We only spent like 10 more minutes before we left. Alex had gotten Sarah's number and was already texting her. Its really cute actually, I haven't seen him this way in a long time. 

I think they would make an adorable couple. The only reason we had to leave was because of Austin. He had to get ready for his date with Taylor. Atleast I would have something to take my mind off of it for the night. I had Amber coming over, and probably some other people. I decided to text Amber and tell her that I was like 5 minutes away from my house. Since she lived right behind my house I figured that she would probably be sitting in my living room waiting for me when I walked in the door. Of Course Alex would have the guys over at his house. Austin would probably be over later to tell them about his date with Taylor. We pulled into Austin's drive way. He had been glued to his phone since we left the mall. I rolled my eyes, got out and walked across the street to my house.

Of course, when I hoped the door I saw Amber on the couch. With my brother. They were just talking like usual. "Hey" I said

"Hey girl! What's up?" she said smiling at me.

"Nothing" I said and my brother got the hint and left the room.

She waited for him to be out of hearing range before asking "Alright. What's really wrong?" 

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I told her EVERYTHING about what happened between Me and Austin, and Tyler and I. She just looked at me surprised. She hung on to every word.  All she could do was look at me.

I don't think she could believe what I was telling her. I wasn't sure if she could believe that I kissed Austin and Tyler or if she was stunned that Austin had kissed me then totally forgot about it because of Taylor. 

"Are they dating?" she asked

"Alex said that he didn't think they were. I mean by the way his face lite up when her caller ID popped up on his phone, I think that they are" I frowned at the last part.

"Wow. I didn't know that you liked him though." she said 

"Um. I didn't either. It kinda just happened over this summer." I said

I got a little nervous. She was quite longer than she usually was.

Oh geez. Maybe she likes him and shes trying to find a nice way to tell me.This is bad. Uhh. I don't know. Why won't she say anything. Ahh!

She was quite for a couple more minutes. I started to panic a little bit more. "That's really cute!" she finally said. Well I wasn't expecting that.

"To be honest with you, I used to like him. Like last year, but I found someone else" she said blushing a little.

"WHO!" I yelled 

"Um. This guy named Jake." She said quietly

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, We're dating" she said

"Wait. Jake as in my brother?" I asked

"Yeah" she said quietly

My brother made his way back down to the room. "Who do I have to beat up for my baby sister?" he asked. I don't get why he calls me 'baby sister' I'm only 2 1/2 years younger than him. It's not a lot.

"Yourself!" I said "Why didn't you guys tell me you were dating?"

"Well you were at camp." he said

"Jake, I wasn't looking for you to answer. I was looking for Amber's" I said kinda of mad. But I couldn't be for long. They were really cute couple. His height and hers was perfect. They had matching personalities. I don't know why I didn't notice that before. I mean it is kinda weird since we all grew up together. 

"I'm so sorry." She said quitely.

"Don't be. You guys are cute" I smiled.

She looked up at him and he looked back at her. Its like one of those movie scenes. They kissed. "Okay!" I pushed them apart. "Just because I know you two are a couple doesn't mean I want to see you kiss" I laughed but I was completely serious.

They laughed and he wrapped his arm around her waist. Wow, I'm jealous of my brother and my best friend. Bummer.

I knew that they were going to be all couple-y tonight so I invited over Kaci, Anna, Jace. They all came over and we just caught up. Apparently, I was the only one who didn't know about my brother and Amber. My parents even knew, but it doesn't really matter anymore.

There was a loud noise from outside and we walked outside to see that it was just the guys. Of course they wanted to go hang out with them. I wouldn't say that it annoys me but everytime they're over we end up hanging out with them. Their parents don't like them, so they don't get to hang out with them. Even if they could they wouldn't.

We walked across the street  to go talk to them. I saw Robert and we started talking about how Alex was texting Sarah all day. I looked over at Kaci and she was obviously flirting with Zach. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Tyler.

He was standing there awkwardly. He is such a cutie. I smiled a little bit, then Anna went over to Tyler. She asked him a question or something and he shrugged his shoulders and she kissed him.

"I am NOT okay with that!" I said, and Robert looked at me like I was weird. He looked to see where I was looking. He pulled me over to the side of the house.

"Okay what's going on?" he asked

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with you and Tyler."

"I still don't know what you mean" I lied

"You and Tyler obviously have a thing"

"No, we don't. Why would you say that?" I asked

"I saw you guys holding hands earlier at the mall." he declared.

"We also kissed" I said not knowing that out loud.

"You did?" he said 

I told him the whole story, the way he looked at me made me feel safe. He hugged me tightly. He pulled away from me. He looked at me and said "Everythings going to be fine." I couldn't help myself.

__________________________________________

Leaving you hanging. Haha But don't worry! I'm almost done with the next part! So that should be up VERY soon. Like friday at the lastest. Its going to be a surprise. I'm not going to post letting you guys know! Muhahaha. Watch for it on Friday!(: <3