Coffee

Justin picked up his head as the bell above the door rang as I entered. We held eye contact as I walked over to the table. The butterflies in my stomach were practically killing me. I felt like I was gonna puke. My heart was beating so fast I feared my ribs would break and it would pop out. Why do I feel like this? Oh yeah, cause I'm still madly in love with this boy.   

"Hey," that smile almost made me collapse. Oh how I've missed it.   

"Hey," I replied. I placed the envelope on the table and shrugged off my jacket, "I'm gonna go get some coffee and then we'll talk?" I asked. He nodded and gave me his beautiful puppy dog eyes that made my knees jelly. I had to shut my eyes and force myself to turn around or I'd kiss him. I took a deep, shaky breath as I walked up to the counter.   

"Hi, what can I get you?" asked a young girl behind the counter.   

"Um, I'll just take a coffee, black," I said digging my card out.   

"Will that be all?" She had such a huge smile on her face, it had to hurt.   

"Yeah," I handed her my card. She swiped it as another barista handed me my cup. I flashed as mile of thanks as she handed me my card back.   

"Nice job," she said before I could walk away.   

"What did you say?"   

"I said nice job. That guy over there hasn't stopped looking at you," she nodded her head in Justin's direction.   

"Really?" I wondered.   

"Yeah, his eyes haven't left you since you entered," she told me, "I know it's probably not my place, but I wouldn't let that go." I nodded, hoping she doesn't realized I've let that go twice now. I held my coffee tight as I shuffled back over to Justin and sat down across from him. We awkwardly sat there until Justin opened his mouth, "What's that?" I looked down at the looming envelope that was just sitting there, staring at us.  

"The social worker gave it to me," I mumbled, looking down at my hands wrapped around my cup.   

"Oh," he sounded so sad and it killed me. I decided to take a leap of courage; I reached out and grabbed his hand in mine. It felt so right. Justin looked up at me with tear-stricken eyes.   

"Alli," he croaked then cleared his throat, "I'm so sorry."   

"Justin," I cooed letting go of his hand to wipe away a tear that broke loose.   

"I hate living without you," he said, "when you left me that note I couldn't handle it. I've been crying in my room for the past three days. Alli, please don't make me go through that again."   

"But Justin," I brought my hands back and placed them on my stomach, "what about..." I tapered off and look down.   

"Alli, please. We can't give it up-"  

"Justin, we have to!" I practically shouted. We got a couple glares from the people around us so I lowered my voice, "This baby has already told us that fighting is bad when it tried to leave early. I don't want to put it, or myself, in that danger again."  

"That's why I asked if we could talk," Justin reached across the table and grabbed my hand, "Alli, I want another chance. To do this right; this, you and us."   

"Justin, I want that too, but I can't risk it. How do I know that you mean it? How will I know that you'll trust me when I tell the truth? How do I know that you'll actually believe me? How did I know that you really do want this chance?"   

"Cause I'm gonna prove it," he told me, "I want to actually woo you. I want to fall in love with you all over again."  

"Justin-"  

"Even if you say no, I'm still going to do it," he interrupted me. I bit my lip, acting like I was thinking, but in real life I was ecstatic that he wanted to get back together.   

"Alright," I finally said. A huge smile spread across Justin's face. "But, you have to sweep me off my feet. Like if you aren't there to catch me, I'll slam my head on the floor because I've fallen so hard."   

"Just like the first time we met, Justin had a gleam in his eyes that I hadn't seen in a long time. I missed that gleam so much.   

"I think I'm gonna enjoy this," I said with a smirk playing across my face. 

**A/N: I'm sorry if its short, but I felt that this was long enough to get the plot across. There will be more next chapter**