The Truth and Nothing But The Truth

Why? Why did Harry have to go and kiss me? I was perfectly happy with my relationship with him as a close friend, then he goes and pulls this shit on me. That kiss has all that's been on my mind for the past week or so. His soft, pink lips on mine; even if it was for just a split second it was still amazing. God dammit Curly!

"You look cute when you're thinking," Justin broke me out of my thoughts by nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. I felt a shiver go down my back as he started kissing my neck.

"Justin," I pushed him away, "I need to tell you something." My eyes nervously darted from his face to the floor then back to his face.

"Later ok?" He scooted over and kissed me, "I just really wanna kiss you." I pushed him off, "Justin, stop. I'm serious." He raised an eyebrow and I pulled my legs up as best I could with my now huge stomach. That way there was at least some sort of boundary between us. I really don't want to know how Justin is going to react to this, but I have to tell him.  "Babe, are we just gonna sit here and stare at each other?" Justin broke my train of thought yet again.

"Sorry," I tried to shake my head clear of those thoughts and focus on the task ahead, "I'm just nervous."

"Why are you nervous?" Justin grabbed one of my hands ran his thumb across the top of it, calming me, "It seriously can't be that bad. C'mon baby."

"Justin, you have to promise to not freak out on me," I begged.

"Babe, you're scaring me," Justin tried to come closer, but I held up my hand.

"Promise me."

"Ok, ok, I promise. Now will you please tell me?" Worry was not very kind to Justin. His eyebrows scrunched together making it look like he had a unibrow, he sucked his cheeks in so far he looked sickly, not to mention the color was gone from his face.

"I don't know how to say this," I sighed, throwing my head back and resting it on the wall.

"Allison..."

Tears pricked my eyes as I said, "Harry kissed me." Silence, dead silence. A tear escaped my eye and rolled down. Still nothing. I picked my head up to look at Justin. He was just sitting there like a robot. "Justin," I went to put my hand on his arm, but he jerked it away like I was on fire.

"Don't touch me," he snapped. He got up and started pacing, "How could you?"

"Justin, I didn't - "

"I thought we were past all this," he cut me off, "but now you go behind my back and kiss another guy just to make me jealous? That's low, Alli."

"Justin I didn't do it to make you jealous," I defended myself, "in fact, I didn't even do it. I was lying on my hospital bed when he grabbed me and kissed me. I thought we were just friends."

"Oh bullshit!" Justin finally snapped and shouted. "I see the way you two look at each other. You love him."

"Justin, where are you getting this from?" The tears were back now, and I hated that these dumb hormones made me look weak.

"Every time your with him. You can never take your eyes off him and he won't stop looking at you. You completely ignore me to go chase after him," he told me.

"You wanna know why Justin?" I angrily got up, "I chase after him because he is one of my best friends and I don't want to lose him. Ever. He has been by my side ever since we've met and if he's feeling down or he's in a bad mood, yeah I'm gonna worry about him and watch him like a hawk to make sure nothing it wrong. And if something is wrong, I will go after him. I have him at my side and he's next to mine.If it ever comes down to it I would..." I tapered off because I knew if I were to continue my thought World War 3 would start.

"You would what Alli? What would you do?" Justin crossed his arms. He knew that this would open a new can of worms that we could fight about, but I'm too angry right now to care anymore.

"If it came down to it, I would choose him over you," Justin's face fell as my words left my mouth. "Every single fucking time with no questions asked," I added salt to the cut I had just made in Justin's heart. "You wanna know why?" He didn't answer, but I told him anyways, "Because he believes me when I tell him the truth, and he's always there for me. You know what, yeah I do love him. But I guess you were too fucking blind to see that it was different. I never loved him like I love you; correction, loved."

"Well I guess then if you don't love me anymore then I think you should leave," Justin stood so close to me, if I were to move even a little bit, we would be kissing. We stood there, our labored breathing were the only audible sounds in the entire room.

"Fine, if that's what you want," I said but I didn't move, just kept constant eye contact with him. He was the first to break it by turning and walking into the kitchen. Now my hormones weren't to blame as I started to cry. I pulled my phone from my back pocket and dialed Cam.

"Hey babe," she chirped, "what's up?"

"My house, ten minutes," I cried.

"I'll bring the cookies 'n cream ice cream," she knew exactly why I was calling her. Of course she does; she's my best friend. I hung up and took one last longing look at the doorway Justin disappeared into. He didn't walk back out and I was half tempted to run after him and apologize, but then again, I have nothing to apologize for. Everything I said was true and he didn't believe me. With a heavy heart, I pulled on my shoes, grabbed my keys, and walked out.