A Real Life J. Gatsby

We pulled around the corner and saw so many people. Beliebers and paparazzi lined the sides of the streets trying to see who was in the cars. We pulled through the guard station up to the driveway. All the guys climbed out and Niall helped me out. I guess Justin was used to a bunch of paparazzi so he made a red carpet for us to walk up. I linked my arm with Niall's and we started walking up the driveway. Louis led us to the Entertainment Tonight tent where Nancy O'Dell was waiting for us.   

"I'm here with hot British boyband One Direction!" The guys cheered. "So you guys are on the Billboard's Top 100, how does it feel?"   

"It feels great," Liam stepped forward, "knowing that we're in the top 100, but we wouldn't be where we are today without our fans."   

"Your fans are a special bunch aren't they?" Nancy asked.   

"They can be a handful, but we  wouldn't trade them for the world," Harry said.   

"I see we have an extra member tonight," Nancy caught sight of me, beside Niall. I waved. "How have you been?"  

"I've been good, thanks Nancy," I was smiling so much my face hurt.   

"Now we all know the story of you and Niall, but let's hear it again," she gave me a pleading smile.   

"Well Niall and I grew up right next door to each other. My parents said that we were joined at the hip," I smiled at the memories we shared.   

"But then you moved," Nancy added to my story. I nodded, "My dad needed to move over here for his schooling so we left."  

"That must've been tough on you," Nancy said to Niall.   

"It was," Niall wrapped his arm around my hips and pulled me closer, "but we never grew apart."   

"We had Skype dates," I shared a smile with Niall, "and called each other every night."  

"So it must feel great to have them back in the states?" Nancy wondered.   

"It feels great to have them all back," I smiled.   

"Aw we love you too Alli," Louis poked my sides.   

"It was great talking to you," Zayn said indicating it was time for us to go.  

"Wait before you do can I get a kiss on the cheek?" Nancy tapped the side if her cheek. I watched as each guy gave her a peck and we started walking. We walked through a pathway guarded by 7-foot bushes to the backyard. The closet you got, the louder the bass. We walked into the backyard and it looked like chaos. There were people everywhere: in the pool, out of the pool, on the deck, dancing on the dance floor, there was even a guy in a gorilla suit running around. There was a DJ at the deep end of the pool pounding out music. It looked fantastic.   

"Let's go get something to drink," Niall suggested. I walked in with Harry and Niall. Harry led us through the sea of people to the bar.   

"5 Millers," Harry told the bartender. He handed them over and Niall and Harry disappeared.   

"Wha- wait! Well there went my date," I leaned on the bar.   

"What can I get you?" one of the bartender's asked.   

"Uh I'm not sure, surprise me," I looked out over the craziness.  "This is one hell of a party," I said. The bartender handed me a margarita. I started for my wallet.  

"Free of charge," he said.   

"Really?"   

"Mr. Bieber would never make you pay for a drink," the bartender started wiping down the bar.