Doctor's Visits

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you?" Austin said as I pulled a shirt over my head.   

"Austin, you've got to get back to the studio," I said grabbing a pair of jeans. "Niall and Liam said they'd take me."   

"Still mad at Harry?" He asked as I slipped the jeans on.   

"It's only been 24 hours, I'm allowed 48," I told him. He held up his hands in defense.   

"He really does feel bad about it y'know."   

"Yes I do know that," I ran a brush through my hair and started putting it up in a ponytail. "But what he did just made me so mad I don't wanna talk to him at all."   

"Ok, I won't push you, but don't shut him out," Austin said, "you need everyone in your corner during this."   

"You don't think I know that?" I snapped. I sighed, "Sorry I'm just really stressed."   

"Guess I'll have to get used to it," Austin joked. I finished my hair and grabbed my phone from the charger.   

"Alli?" There was a knock on my door and in walked Liam. "Ready to go?" I bit my lip before nodding.   

"Everything's gonna be fine," Austin said pulling me into a hug.   

"I hope so," I sighed letting him go. Liam waited for me to grab my wallet and then followed me downstairs where Niall was waiting. I caught sight of Harry sitting at the breakfast bar in the kitchen. He gave me a small wave and a smile, but I acted like I hadn't seen it. I pulled on some shoes and followed Niall out to the car.   

"Call me when you're done," Austin said leaning on the car door after I shut it.   

"Again, overprotective brother," I said.   

"Sorry," he reached through the open window and squeezed my hand. Niall climbed in the backseat and Liam slid in next to me. Austin leaned into the back window to whisper something to Niall.   

"What did you just say to him?" I asked.   

"Nothing," he lied.   

"Austin-" he cut me off by walking away so I turned to face Niall. "What did he say to you?"   

"He just wanted me to send him updates throughout the appointment," he told me.   

"I swear I can't do anything without you guys looking over my shoulder," I huffed leaning back in my seat.   

"Only cause we love you Alli," Liam took a hand off the wheel and placed it on my knee.     

"I know, but sometimes I just need my space," I sighed. Niall opened his mouth to speak, but I held up my hand. "But I know that being friends with you five means no personal space."   

"That's not a bad thing," Niall stated.   

"No, just annoying sometimes," I told them.   

"So I vote we have a phrase," Liam said, "if you need some space you just say the phrase and Niall and I will grab the boys and give you some."   

"Ok, but what phrase?" I asked liking the idea.   

"The walrus sings at midnight," Niall said confidently.   

"The walrus sings at midnight?" I raised an eyebrow. Niall had a smug look on his face nodding.   

"It's as good as any," Liam shrugged.  

"Fine, the walrus sings at midnight," I decided.    We rode in silence for a little bit, until my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my back pocket.