Secrets, secrets are no fun

"Allison Marie Kent, get your ass down here right now," my dad stormed into the house shouting. He never shouts unless he's really mad. What have I done in the past couple weeks that could possibly piss him off? Oh yeah, get pregnant.   

I hesitantly got up from my bed where I was doing my homework and shuffled down the hall to the stairs. I could hear my dad pacing back and forth in the kitchen.   

"Dad?" I called out. He didn't answer, and I kept moving towards the kitchen. I found him sitting at the dining room table, his head in his hands, and a magazine  in front of him.   

"Why wouldn't you tell me about this?" My dad asked. Shit, he found out. Shit the press found out and he found out from the press. Shit, I'm dead.   

"I meant to tell you, I really did, but I just couldn't find the right time," I slid in the chair across from him.   

"You couldn't find the right time to tell me you had a boyfriend? And a famous one at that?" My dad threw the magazine cover at me. It had a picture of Justin and I out for frozen yogurt a couple days ago. Oh my god he wasn't talking about the baby. I sighed internally.   

"Dad, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to find out this way. I wanted to invite him over for dinner so could you meet him," I reached across the table and grabbed one of his hands.   

"I was just getting some groceries and then I see your name an face plastered across every magazine in the checkout line," I could tell he was close to tears.   

"Daddy, I'm so sorry. It's just all happened so fast, I haven't even been able to process it," I got up and moved over to the other side and gave him a hug.   

"I'm sorry for overreacting, but you know..."   

"Yeah, Dad, I know," I tried to soothe him. I've got to tell him about the baby. "Dad?"   

"What?" He looked up at me.   

"There's something else I need to tell you," I let go of him and started pacing myself.   

"I'm listening," he placed his hands in front of him.   

"You have to promise me that you won't freak out and go kill someone," I told him.   

"Just tell me," my dad coaxed.   

"Well, remember when the boys were in town?" He nodded. "Well, there was a huge party that they needed to attend and Niall invited me along to join them."   

"What's this got to do with anything?" My dad asked.   

"Dad..." I protectively put my hands on my stomach, "I'm- I'm pregnant."   

"Excuse me?" My dad asked calmly.    "You're gonna be a grandpa," I tried to make a joke, but my dad didn't appreciate it.   

"How far along?"   

"Two months," I squeaked.   

"Two months? Two months?" I nodded. My dad broke down, he started to cry.   

"Daddy," I rushed over to him and knelt down beside him.   

"You've known for two months and haven't told me?" he sobbed.   

"Daddy, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to try and keep it a secret," I put my hand on his knee.   

"Whose is it?" he asked.   

"You won't believe me if I told you," I said, "it's Justin's."   

"Your boyfriend?"   

"Well we weren't really official when it happened," I said sheepishly.   

"Oh Alli," my dad sobbed.   

"I'm sorry Daddy," I could feel tears pricking my eyes, "I was drunk and wasn't thinking straight."   

"Justin does know right?" I nodded. "Well," my dad wiped his eyes, "have you seen a doctor yet?"  

"Austin set one up for me a couple weeks ago and I've got one this coming Thursday," I explained.   

"My baby's having a baby," he smiled through the tears.   

"But I'll always be your little girl," I reached up and kissed his cheek. "I love you Daddy." I reached up and embraced him.   

"I love you Alli, so much," he said. "So when do I get to meet the boyfriend?" He asked after we separated.   

"I can call him right now and ask him to dinner tomorrow night," I suggested. My dad nodded. I started walking away.   

"Alli," my dad called after me, "no more secrets between us."  

"Never," I agreed. Secrets are what tore this family apart in the first place and now another almost did too. No more secrets. I climbed the stairs and headed back into my room where Chaos was chilling on my bed. I laid down on my stomach and pulled my phone out. I dialed Justin and held the phone up to my ear.   

"Hello?" he answered.   

"Hey. So my dad found out about us and wants to meet you. How does dinner sound? Tomorrow at like seven?"   

"I think that sounds perfect," I could hear the smile in his voice, "and I'm sorry about the tabloids. I thought we got off clean when we went out."   

"It's no big deal. I needed to tell him about us. And I told him about the baby."   

"And?"   

"And he's standing behind us," I told him.   

"I have to go, but I'll try and be there tomorrow at seven," he said.   

"Sounds good, bye Justin."   

"Bye Alli." We hung up and instead of tossing my phone aside I dialed my best friend.   

"Hey," he answered out of breath.   

"Hey, what's up with you?" I wondered.   

"I'm in the middle of a show," he gasped.  

"Oh my god, I totally forgot. I'm so sorry. I'll go, we can talk later." I started to hand up but Niall stopped me.   

"No, we're changing. I've got like three minutes. What's up?" I love talking to Niall because his accent just makes me laugh.   

"Well my dad found out about me and Justin. I also told him about the baby," I explained.   

"I'm proud of you. How'd he take it?"   

"Emotionally," I said, "but he's standing behind me with my decision."   

"Is that Alli?" I heard Louis shout. There was so scuffling on the other side and soon Louis' voice came through, "Alli!"  

"Hey Lou," I smiled.   

"I wanna talk to her," I heard Zayn whine.   

"Louis, put me on speaker," I told him.   

"Ok you're on," he said.   

"Hi boys!" I said.   

"Alli!"   

"I miss you boys so much. When will you come visit?"   

"Soon," I heard Liam say.   

"You better. I miss you guys tearing apart my house," I said.   

"We miss it too," Harry said.   

"Alli, we need to get back out on stage," my best friend said, "I'll call you when we're done."   

"Ok. Bye boys! I love you!"   

They hung up and I tossed my phone aside. I decided to not finish my homework and catch up on my shows. I leaned up against my headboard and flicked on my TV. Chaos looked at me.   

"What?" I asked him, knowing he wouldn't respond. He snuggled up next to me and placed his head on my stomach, like he knew there was something special in there. I smiled, knowing there was.