Drama? How About No?

My phone buzzed from my bedside table. Taking the advantage to take a break from the homework my teachers decided to throw at me, I grabbed it. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I saw Justin's name across the screen. Yeah, we were broken up, but I love him. Even though I'd probably be regretting it later, I opened the message. 

Hey, do you think we could meet up for coffee or something? You know, to talk - Justin   

I pondered this for a moment before deciding to go with my gut.   

Yeah sure, how does Starbucks in like an hour sound? - me  

Sounds perfect - Justin   

I smiled, locking my phone. I knew that this was bad, like really bad. Harry would not be happy about this. But what if Justin wanted to talk about stuff with the baby? I wasn't completely sure if I was going to give it up for adoption yet, but I told Justin because it was easier to say. I had a meeting with the social worker a couple days ago and she said that Justin had to sign away his rights if this baby were to be given up. I hated doing this, but it was for the best. We had until the baby was born to make up our minds. A door slammed downstairs and Harry waltzed into my room.   

"Hey," I have a smile. He smiled, giving me a hello kiss, before flopping down on my bed. I started rubbing his back, "Long day?"   

"We had rehearsals for four hours and we have to go back in two hours for more rehearsal," he groaned.   

"Sucks being a world famous pop star," I said. Harry didn't say anything, just nuzzled his face into the covers of my bed. I had to tell him about Justin. "Harry?"   

"Hmm?" He didn't raise his head. I hesitated.   

"I'm going to get coffee in an hour," I told him.   

"And I care why?" He picked up his head and stared at me.   

"Cause I'm meeting up with Justin," I mumbled. Harry didn't say anything, just kept staring at me. "You aren't gonna say anything?"   

"Why should I Alli?" he asked, "you are probably going to talk about the baby and get him to sign the adoption papers, right?"   

"Uh, yeah," I answered, still not completely sure on why I was doing this. The conversation died off and I mentally groaned. Things had slowed down with Harry this past month. Sure we started off all cute and cuddly, but now it's like we have just gone back to being best friends. I hated it. I felt like I was suffocating in this relationship. I was constantly picturing myself with Justin; like what would've happened if we had worked out our problems like a normal couple instead of breaking up? Harry rolled over onto his side so he was facing me. He propped his head up in his elbow and rested a hand on my stomach.   

"Alli, you know I love you right?" he finally broke the silence. I nodded. "And you know I'll always care for you?" Another nod. "I'm trying to find the right words on how to say this. It's just, we are...like um, you know..." He really was struggling.   

"We aren't really working out," I finished his sentence for him.   

"Yeah! You've been feeling it too?" he wondered. I nodded. "I know that it's probably not the best thing to do, but-"  

"You wanna breakup?" I asked.   

"Do you?" he answered my question with a question.   

"Yeah. We are just settling down," I sighed, "we are going back to our normal ways of being just friends and its kinda boring."  

"I think we were better off as just friends," Harry said. I nodded I agreement. "So, does this mean...?"  

"Yeah, we're done. But we're still friends," I told him.   

"Good, because I don't know what I'd do without you in my life to keep order," Harry chuckled.   

"You'd probably crash and burn along with the rest of the boys," I said. Harry laughed in agreement. "Harry did you feel that?"   

"Feel what?" he asked.   

"Here, give me your hand," I took his large hand in my own and placed it on my lower stomach.   

"What am I supposed to be feeling?" Harry asked.   

"Just wait," I told him. All the sudden there it was; the baby kicked. Joy spread across Harry's face as he felt the kick. "Cameron!" I shouted.   

"What? Is everything ok?" He ran into my room in bewilderment. He had bed head like I just woke him from a nap.   

"The baby. Come here," I beckoned. Cameron shuffled over and I grabbed his hand, placing it on the spot. Soon he had a smile on his face.   

"I'm gonna go get my phone and call the boys to tell them," Harry climbed off my bed and walked out of my room dialing my phone.   

"I overheard," Cameron said once he was out of earshot, "you sure you're alright with this?"   

"Yeah, it was mutual. It didn't end ugly, which I'm glad," I said.   

"No not about your breakup, I already knew about that. I'm talking about Justin," Cameron removed his hand and sat on the edge of my bed.   

"Wait what? You already knew? We literally broke up not even five minutes ago," I said.   

"Yeah, well we all saw it coming," he told me. "We saw how miserable you two were and knew if you didn't end it, we would."   

"Good to know you guys care," I folded my arms over my chest.   

"That's beside that point," Cameron changed the subject, "what about Justin?"   

"What about Justin?" I asked. "We're meeting up to talk about the baby, no big deal."  

"Um very big deal," Cameron countered, "Alli, we all saw how broken you were after your last breakup. We don't want that to happen again. Remember what the doctor said? Even the tiniest bit of stress can cause you to go into labor."   

"Cameron, I'm not dumb. I'll be careful. If he really does want to get back together, he needs to prove it. I'm not going to go crawling back to him."   

"Alright, but if he hurts you I will not hesitate to sick Cam on him," Cameron made a joke. I rolled my eyes and his silliness. "C'mon," he pat my knee, "I'll drive you." He helped me up and out to the car, passing by Harry, who was still on his phone.   

****  

We pulled up outside the coffee shop and I saw him. He was siting at a table near the window, with his coffee in his hand. He looked so perfect. He had a beanie on, covering his gorgeous brown hair, and a baggy sweatshirt on over his body. He probably had his skinny jeans on; the ones he never left the house in that were always hanging below his butt.   

"Good luck," Cameron said as I reached for the door handle.   

"Thanks," I gave a weak smile as I grabbed the legal envelope I'd brought with me. I didn't want to do this to him, but I had too. I picked my head up and strode into the coffee shop.