Hospitals Tell Stories

I was lying in my hospital bed, worried out of my mind. Justin held me close while Niall sat in a chair at my bedside. Each boy had a hold of one of my hands trying to comfort me. The silent tears rolled down my cheeks as we waited. Harry had brought our entourage, drunk as hell, to the hospital, but the nurse made them wait outside in the waiting room. Harry threw a fit and threatened to sue the hospital until I begged him to wait outside while I was tested.   

My doctor, Dr. Montgomery, had run to the hospital when she got the call I was here in pain. Pulling me away from my boys, she pushed me into a room where all they did was poke and prod me with needles and ask if that hurt. Then they ran an ultrasound to check on the baby, then put me in some machine that covered my whole body. Needless to say I was panicked that they did all of these tests, even though Dr. Montgomery was constantly telling me that it was to cover all the bases and make sure they didn't diagnose me wrong.   

"Alli," Justin said softly into my hair as he pet it, "you need to calm down. It's not good for the baby."   

"But Justin, what if something's wrong with the baby?" I voiced the thoughts that had clouded my head for the past couple hours.   

"If something was seriously wrong, don't you think you would've found out by now?" Niall asked. I took a deep shaky breath knowing he was probably right.   

"I'm just worried that's all," I told them.   

"You've got nothing to worry about," Justin told me. I turned my head so I could stare at him, "You've got me and Niall right here, and you've got a huge support group waiting outside. Even if something does happen, and I'm not saying it will, we will stand by your side through thick and thin." I looked over at Niall as he bobbed his head in agreement. I opened my mouth to say something, but there was a knock at the door. Austin stuck his head in, "Sorry to bother you, but Niall Louis keeps threatening to burn something if you don't come help him find Narnia." I suppressed a giggle.   

"Tell him I'm busy," Niall snapped.   

"I did, but now he's threatening nurses and saying that there are fire breathing fish on the elevator that ate one of his socks," Austin told him in complete seriousness. Niall sighed, but then got up to follow Austin, muttering stuff like, "Too much to drink", "this is the third time this month", "put a lock on the liquor cabinet".   

Once they left the room, I let loose a giggle I was holding. Justin chuckled at it also.   

"Is he always like that when he's drunk?" Justin asked.   

"Worse actually," I turned over so I could see Justin, "this one time, when I was visiting them in New York after a show, he dared Niall to do as many shots as possible in 30 seconds. Niall won and Louis ran off. Well ran off as best he could shit-faced drunk. We lost him. Come to find out he had hailed down a taxi and gave the driver $600 to take him to Atlantis. We picked him up the next morning at the police station because he was arrested for going skinny dipping in Central Park."

Justin was in complete shock until he burst out laughing.    "Yeah, I know. Now try and explain that to your mother over the phone who got a call saying her son was in jail for bathing in Central Park. Jo was pissed."   

"I need to go drinking with you guys," Justin wiped his eyes of the tears he got from laughing so hard.    "I'll be designated driver," I told him.   

"Oh noyou don't. No whimping  out on me. In four months, we are going out to party," he stroked my face.   

"Yeah, well it might be sooner than that," I looked down at my round belly. All my worries that I had managed to forget, came flooding back and tears pricked my eyes.