It Started With A Question

"Really Niall?" I asked my best friend, Niall Horan of One Direction.   

"Oh come on Alli," he whined, "the lads and I are only in town a couple more nights and this is the social event of the season. If we aren't there our publicist will kill us."  

"But I still don't understand why I have to go," I wandered around my bedroom trying to fall asleep. I laid down on my bed and logged onto Twitter listening to Niall talk, "Because I haven't seen my best friend in over a year and I want a night out with her."  

"I can't go out on a school night, my dad would kill me," I said told. I scrolled through my feed reading all the tweets about sightings of the guys in L.A.  

"Oh bullshit," Niall replied, "you go out every school night, whether you're allowed to or not." I stayed silent knowing he was right. "Please Alli? Just one party then we can have our movie date."   

"I dunno..." I hesitated.   

"But why not?" Niall sounded like a teenage girl with all this whining.   

"Because it's a big party. Celebrities will be there, I'm not part of that crowd," I lied.  

"You are just layin on the bullshit tonight aren't you?" I could tell Niall was crossing his arms.

"You don't think I see the tabloids about you and Kylie Jenner going shopping with Selena Gomez?"  

"Fine," I groaned.  

"Yes!"   

"But you owe me big time," I told him. I logged off of Twitter and laid on my back.

"I want two movie dates and you bring the food."   

"Done and done, Alli you don't understand how much this means," Niall sighed.   

"When is this party and where?" I asked.    "Um, tomorrow," he mumbled.   

"What!?" I jerked upright.   

"I'm sorry it's so last minute, but I just found out I could bring you," he said, his Irish accent thick.   

"Ugh Niall," I groaned.   

"I know, I know, three movie dates and I'll fly you out to watch us perform."  

"Four dates and three performances," I wagered.   

"Fine. Uncle Si is not gonna be happy about this," Niall said to himself.   

"He loves me, don't even," I said. Niall's laugh rolled through the phone.   

"We'll pick you up tomorrow at like seven," Niall told me.   

"I still hate this."  

"I know and I love you for going through with it," Niall did his little gay voice.   

"Mmm gurl," I laughed along with Niall.   

"Hey I have to go into a meeting, but remember-"  

"Tomorrow, my house, seven," I finished his sentence.   

"Bye Alli," he hung up. I hung up and threw my phone onto my pillow. I groaned and rolled over.    'Shit,' I thought to myself, 'he never told me where it was.' I grabbed my phone and was about to send Ni a quick text when my other best friend, Cameron, burst into the room.   

"What's this I see about you going to a party?" She threw her hands up in the air.    "

What?" I wondered. She handed me her phone. Across the screen was a tweet from my best friend.   

@NiallOfficial Show tonight then day off tomorrow ! Party with @TheAllisonKent  

"I'm gonna kill him," I said out loud.   

"No don't hurt Niall," Cameron defended.   

"You know, I still find it creepy that you like him," I climbed off my bed and she took my place.   

"What can I say?" she said running her hand through her, thick, wavy brown hair.

"I love me some Irish boy."  

"Ew, don't ever say that again," I sat back down next to her.   

"But he's just so cute," she scrunched up her nose and smiled. Her beautiful blue eyes shone in the sunlight. 

  "I still think its gross that one best friend likes the other, but the other doesn't know it," I said.   

"And he never will," she threatened.   

"Now why would I tell him that?" I sighed and leaned back into my bed.   

"I wanna hear more about this party," she turned onto her stomach and looked at me.   

"There's nothing much I can tell ya," I said putting my hand under my head.

"Ni just called me asking if I wanted to go. I tried to get out of it, but instead I got four movie dates and three chances to go see them perform."   

"You're obviously taking me right?" Cameron asked laying on her back.    

"To what?"  

"To the performances and the party," she told me.   

"Uh no," I said real fast, "Niall only invited me. He said it was really hard to get his publicist to let him bring me. I don't think she'll want you there."   

"Whatever," Cam sighed, "it was just one little cat fight and now I can't go to any events with you or the guys."   

"Cam, you gave her a concussion," I said.   

"Well I saw the shoes first," she defended. I just rolled my eyes.   

"So what are you gonna wear?" she asked after a while.   

"I don't think I have anything suitable for this kind of event," I sat up. She did too.   

"Shopping!" she squealed.   

"Right after school," I told her, "I'll drive. Meet me by the statue."   

"Got it. Hey I gotta head out. I told my mom that I needed to get some food from the store. Mind if I take some from your kitchen?"  

"Who's gonna stop ya?" I laughed.   

"Alrighty then. Tomorrow, after school, and brings your Dad's card. We don't want a repeat of last time." I just laughed remembering how we ran out of money at the second store we were at and how Cameron cried over a sweater she couldn't afford.   

"No worries," I called as she walked out. I heard the door slam shut and I laid back down. I grabbed my iPhone and got on Facebook. As I scrolled through my feed all I saw was people talking about a huge party that famous teen pop sensation Justin Bieber was holding. I saw an article titled, 'Justin Bieber's Fall Extravaganza Expected To Be His Biggest Yet'.     'Was that the party?' I thought to myself. 'Nah couldn't be.' I signed off and laid down on my pillow. 'But is it?' All my wondering thoughts caused my brain to work on overdrive and I was out like a light.