Seventy-Five

Mulai dari awal

Tori came downstairs just as the doorbell rang. The pizza was here and Tori jogged to get it quickly.

"Beer?" Tori asked as she walked passed me with the pizza. She placed it down and I grabbed her hand with my free one. The other holding Natalia.

I pulled her down gently, brushing her lips with mine. It was the first time since the breakup, since our fights, since the birth of Talia. But it just felt so right, the random moment of it all.

"And that?" She blushed but her fingers were against my jaw.

I shrugged. "I just missed you. Right now I actually miss you but you're in front of me."

Tori chuckled. "Gosh, I've missed you Nate." I noticed her eyes well up, this time for a right reason.

Tori pulled away a few minutes later to grab a beer for me and water for herself from the kitchen. She then plopped on the couch beside me.

"Want me to take her while you eat?"

I shook my head. "You better get some food in you, its been a rough couple days."

Tori sighed. "I didn't realize I was so hungry." She wasn't shy with the pizza, making me realize how much I missed the old times.

"Hmm! I can't let her go, not even for pizza." I snuggled Talia closer. I wanted to hold her forever.

Tori chuckled. "Set her down on the couch, against the cushion. Its better when she can see us."

"Her eyes are so wide open." I laughed, making Talia comfortable in the corner of the couch.

So the three of us were casually chilling in the living room. The TV was showing reruns of The Simpsons while Tori and I stuffed ourselves.

Through the first box of pizza, I couldn't keep it in. I wanted some chill for my anxiety over us.

"So what does this mean for us?" I said, trying to sound casual but failing.

Tori cleared her throat. "I was actually gonna ask you that."

"Oh yeah?"

She nodded. "I had time to think it all over in the shower and I feel so horrible about what went down."

"Come on, you were hurting." I didn't want to make her feel shitty.

"I was selfish." She shrugged. "I mean I should have stayed and helped you out of that phase. I didn't realize how much parenting scared you and the fact that it happened so soon!"

I nodded. "I was terrified I mean look at me! I don't even look like a dad. I was thinking of how it would be when we have to attend parent conferences and plays and games and - "

Tori giggled. "That's not for another few years Nate!"

"Still." I smiled. "I just don't want to fail and I was scared."

Surprisingly, Tori shifted closer to me on the couch. She leaned against me, her arms around my waist. I was totally taken back.

"You're going to be a perfect father you know." She smiled. "You've already shown Talia how much you care. And you're gonna be her hero...just like you are mine."

I looked at Tori. "Where's all of this coming from?"

She shrugged. "I just...the space made me realize how much I missed us. I missed the goofy moments we had but also the really amazing times. I know that I won't find that anywhere else."

For once I was the one speechless.

"Its scary. I don't want to lose you and I don't want Talia without a father like I had to grow up." Tori sniffed.

I squeezed. "That is never gonna happen, Tori. I swear, I could never walk away from this."

She clung to me. For the first time she showed me some real emotion instead of pushing it away or pretending.

"You know what's the problem?" I sighed.

Tori shrugged. "What is it?"

"I feel like you don't realize how much I believe in us. You are and will always be the one." I ran my hand through her hair. "I don't care what we have to face, I would go through anything!"

"Oh Nate." Tori bit her lip, tears rolling down her cheeks. "That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said."

"I don't want it to be sweet, I want you to know that I'm so madly in love with you Tori."

"So am I." Tori exhaled. "These months have been so awful and I was scared because I thought you might move on and - "

"You said space." I interrupted. "Now I know we did need it. And now that its over, we can go back to our regular life Tori."

"Oh I'd love that. I just want us to start fresh. Be honest, real and mostly be there for each other. Whatever happens next."

"Team Maloley, you remember?" I pulled her closer.

"Always." Tori cuddled into me

Arranged marriage or not, this was meant to be.