Eleven

-TORI POV-

I was so overwhelmed. When Derek picked Jade and I up, my nerves were shot already.

"Ready to meet your future hubby's parents?" Derek asked with a smirk as I jumped into the backseat. Jade took the passenger seat.

I chuckled. "I feel like I just may throw up."

"Not in the babe." Derek shot me a dark playful look in the rearview mirror that made Jade snort.

"He's not kidding, this is like his baby foreal." Jade said. "I smudged the mirror with lip gloss once and I couldn't ride with him for a week."

Derek rolled his eyes and drove out towards Nates place. "You're still number one babe though." He winked at her.

Jade giggled but punched Derek a little too hard. Something told me that they liked each other but neither knew about it. It made me kind of happy though - seeing two people so close.

Something also told me that Nate and I could have that if I had stayed in California just abit longer.

But now that its arranged marriage - is it still a possibility?

What if it was all too rushed and weird for us to actually have a proper relationship. In all honesty, what made our parents think that this is a good idea? Forcing us into it?

Anyways, Derek pulled up at Nate's parents home after a few minutes. It was a cute house in all fairness - bigger than a house actually - but looked very welcoming.

At least they weren't psychopaths.

"You'll be fine babe." Jade squeezed my knee from the front seat. Derek nodded at me in the mirror. I was glad to have made friends with him after all.

The three of us walked into the Maloley house and were immediately greeted with hugs and kisses all around. Nates mom was particularly happy to me.

"Tori!" She pulled me into a massive hug. "I haven't seen you since you were like two years old!"

I laughed. "Its great to see you."

Over her shoulder I caught Nate's little smile as he watched us. His face was lit up but he looked embarrassed at his mothers outburst. I found it very cute nevertheless.

"You're even more beautiful than the photos your mother sent." Nates dad kissed my cheek gently. In a fatherly manner might I add.

"Thanks." I blushed and didn't know what to do with myself. Thankfully Jade cut in and hugged the Maloleys while I moved over to Nate.

Unexpectedly, Nate wrapped his strong arms around me in a warm hug. I found myself surprised but held him back with equal tightness. I heard him sigh softly as he held me a little tighter.

Finally we pulled away - when I looked up at him I felt my heart race at top speed.

"My dad's right. You really do look beautiful." He said with his eyes moving over me slowly and intensely.

I shivered slightly but smiled a little too brightly. "Thanks."

"Lets have dinner outside!" Mrs M said, putting her arm around me and leading us all to the sliding door.

There was a long patio table out back near the pool area. I took in the beautiful backyeard scene as I took a seat next to Jade with Derek on the other side of her.

Nate was across from me next to his parents. We kept making eye contact, chuckling then looking away shyly. I had never seen this side of Nate when I was in vacation here...he seemed so different in front of his family.

I liked him this way. But I also started liking him even though I knew he had a different side, every guy does.

"So how are you liking Cali so far, Tori?" Nates day - Monte asked me.

I smiled. "Its really great, the weather is much better than back home."

"You've gotten so tanned." Nate said glancing over me. Something made me feel like he was thinking of last night. I was too.

I didn't respond to that as his mom began passing the food around. I was hungrier than I thought because Nate chuckled when I took a bigger piece of steak than Derek.

I kicked him under the table making him groan in pain. I held my laugh while Nate's mother started a family story of her own.

Dinner progressed fairly well, I felt really connected to the entire Maloley family. I learned that Nate has siblings but both would be back from college next weekend to meet me.

"Nate why don't you and Tori get the desserts from the kitchen." Mamma Maloley smiled sweetly. Nate nodded at me as we stood up.

Everyone seemed to watch us walk inside together like it was a ritual. I felt slightly awkward but brushed it off as we entered the kitchen.

Before I could get to the fridge before Nate grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him. In that moment I wasn't even surprised, I just wanted to hold him back right now.

"I'm really glad you showed up." He whispered against my hair, sending cold wind down my neck.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

Nate's voice was tensed. "Last night, Tori. It was more than impulsive of us to do that and I figured you'd be freaked out."

"Do you regret it?" I asked several moments later.

"Not at all." Nate said quickly. He pulled away so we were facing each other. "I don't regret it."

He cupped my face gently and ran his thumb over my cheek. I closed my eyes and held his arm, never wanting this to stop.

"I just don't wanna move too fast with this." I managed to get out with my eyes still closed. "I don't know where I'm at with an arranged marriage, I don't know where you're at either."

Nate sighed, his hand leaving my face slowly. I reluctantly opened my eyes to find him looking at me intently. I felt my heart melt looking at his face, the way his eyes were lazy but so intense.

"If it was different..." I said shrugged and tearing my eyes away from his. I felt bad saying these things but it had to be said.

"It is different Tori." Nate said. "We don't have a choice, we're going to be married soon."

"I know that." I said. "What I mean is that, if we weren't supposed to be married soon would you still have...still have felt this way?"

Nate looked at me, biting his lip and hesitant. My heart sank at his loss for words that I needed to hear. Maybe the whole idea of ending up together got to him.

"Nevermind." I cleared my throat and moved to the fridge to get out the dessert. "Forget I said anything."

"Tori come on." Nate groaned and touched my elbow as I passed him.

I shook my head. "They're all waiting."

__________________
Tbh I'm making this as I go along I don't know here this book is heading! Guess we'll have to see.

If any of you have seen, I posted a few days ago about how I'd barely be updating. This is due to exams. I hope you all understand!

Also: I'm entering a book contests so I'll let you guys know when the voting is open! <3

- Simone . xoxo