Forty-Eight

-Tori POV-

A few days had passed.

Nate and I were good. We hadn't fought or argued about the whole tour thing which was great. Because I didn't want to fight with him either way.

Firstly, I was happy and proud of Nate for getting this far. The fact that he had been given this opportunity was wild and he deserved it. I wasn't the least bit bitter or upset about it.

I was confused. I didn't know where to put my future hopes and dreams now because everything switched up. I was hesitant to start a family and get a new place with Nate but after it had settled in, I was ecstatic for it.

Now that couldn't exactly happen right away.

"Ready for family dinner?" Nate asked me, breaking my thoughts as he emerged from the shower that evening.

Every Saturday night, we tried to get together for family dinner at Nates parents house. It was a way to reconnect after everyone's busy week. And to be honest, I missed the Maloley family.

"Just need to get dressed." I nodded and walked over to my side of the closet. I could feel Nates eyes wander over my body. Granted, I chose to walk around in favorite underwear of mine.

We hadn't done anything in about four days which is normal for most couples. I don't want to say we're savage but Nate and I always had our moments. There was a tension between us as we would always be over each other.

"Tori?" Nate called as I stood on my toes to reach for a tank top.

"Hmmm?" I asked absentmindedly.

I tensed when I felt Nate's warm body against mine. He reached up and got the tank top for me - making sure he had ran his hands across my hips. I quivered from his touch.

"Here." He mumbled, breathing down my neck slowly.

I gulped and noticed I had gripped his arm to keep balanced. My fingernails dug into his skin but he didn't flinch from the pain.

"Baby." Nate sighed and ran his thumb across my bottom lip. "Please don't shut me out like this."

I felt my heart clench. I didn't what to do or how to handle this situation, given that I've never been in more than a handful of relationships.

"I need you to speak to me." Nate grasped my waist tightly.

I couldn't speak. Not when he looked at me this way and touched me like that. I would be a mess minutes after this.

"Please." Nate pressed his lips against my neck. Soft delicate kisses along my skin made me exhale in pleasure. "Please."

"Nate." I managed to get out, allowing my nails to graze his back gently. I felt his sigh from the simple touch.

He looked up at me. "I haven't felt your touch in days." His voice was pleading as he gazed up into my eyes.

"I just don't know anymore." I admitted softly and looked down.

Nate perked up. "About us?"

"No." I chuckled. "About what we both want. And it scares me because I don't want this marriage to fail."

"Baby it's not going to fail." Nate said immediately. "Nothing will fail if you just speak to me."

"How?" I felt my throat close. "Without sounding selfish? Without saying that I want you all to myself? That I want you with me."

A small smile played on his lips. "The fact that you want me, will never let this marriage fail."

I gave Nate a look. It was sweet the way he always tried to downplay a fight lately which wasn't okay in the same sense. It just made me feel like I couldn't get my words across. They were stuck in my throat.