Forty-Two

-Nate POV-

Two days later.

We had spent the day doing some more last activities. We only had two days of vacation left so the last few days had been jam packed.

Which was great since it helped take my mind of the current status with my newly wed wife. The fact that our semi honeymoon and vacation was supposed to be bliss made me feel bitter.

I hadn't seen much of Tori either. She was never at breakfast or dinner but rather ate when everyone had left to do their thing for the day. I didn't see at her some activities - only when she couldn't get out of one.

When Tori was taking a shower, I would go into the room to fetch some clothing or something I had left in there. But then I'd smell her scent in the room - her shampoo smell coming from the shower.

Then Tori would sing softly as she took a shower. I had sunk down on the bed and just listened - feeling my emotions mix up even more. I would sit there with my head in my hands and picture the times when we took showers together.

When Tori would sing softly as I ran my fingers through her wet hair. The way we got lost in each others arms with the water running between us. Those were the vulnerable moments.

When the water stopped running, I would leave but reluctantly.

"Hey yo!" Derek knocked my arm, I was so caught in my daydream that I didn't realize the guys had got up.

"Oh right..." I said standing up. It was mid afternoon and the guys decided we should do some knee boarding down at the beach.

Just then, my mom had come rushing out of the kitchen. She looked flustered and grabbed my dads rental keys from the table.

"Mom?" I asked her, wondering what was up. "You alright."

Just then, Tori walked in slipping on one of my hoodies. My heart swelled at how good she looked in them and wore them despite the situation. It was hers.

Tori tied her hair in a bun and the bags under her eyes were so evident. She kept her eyes on my mother and didn't even look at me. Her lips were pale.

"I'm taking Tori to the little hospital. I think she came down with something like food poisoning." My mother shot me a death glare.

She probably knew everything.

"Oh crap." Derek winced. "You doing okay T?"

She nodded and smiled weakly at Derek and the guys. "I'm good. Don't worry."

I felt my pride tear away. Tori was in no way okay even though she pretended. I could see the brokenness in her brown eyes.

"Babe." I stepped closer to her, my fingers brush her arm. Tori closed her eyes from the touch.

Then Tori frowned at me and stepped away. "I'll be fine."

She followed my mother out of the villa, holding her head high. I felt my pride build back up - the guys being around and witnessing the tension. I felt angry but worried but confused.

-Tori POV-

Turns out that I needed a bottle of Coke or a chocolate to make me feel better. I found out that my blood sugar was lower than usual - causing a fever.

After returning from the hospital, Nates mom bought me a fudge ice cream and chocolate milkshake. We sat along the table in the dining area. Everyone had gone down to the beach - we basically lived there.

"Thanks for taking me." I said indulging in the ice cream.

"My son wasn't stepping up so I felt I had to." Kami smiled but I caught the heavy sigh. "Is everything okay? With you two, I mean."

I laughed. But it wasn't a jokey laugh nor was it bitter or filled with anger. It was just empty - totally devoid. Thinking back now, Nate and I had left this fight carry on for days.

At this point, there was no going back on anything. The honeymoon phase was over and I had to accept that now - at first I didn't.

"Tori." She reached out and touched my him. "You can talk to me, you're like my daughter."

I nodded sincerely. "We're okay, really we are." I didn't want to upset her and ruin everyone's vacation either. I could be convincing.

Kami seemed to half believe me. But she didn't push it which I appreciated more than anything.

"I half hoped you were pregnant and had morning sickness." Kami laughed and beamed at me.

I chuckled. "I only just started getting off birth control so it takes a while for things to get running."

But a baby was so out of the questions here. How could Nate and I look after a baby when we couldn't even look after a relationship. After we can't even talk like adults. No.

"Well." Kami stood up. "I'm gonna head down to the beach. Will you be fine?"

I nodded. "I feel so much better."

Kami left and I could finally let my false smile slide away. I stared blankly at the ice cream now.

"You don't look better." A voice sounded and pulled me out of my own head. It was Johnson.

"I do." I stuck my tongue out. He sat beside me and took a long sip of the milkshake I had abandoned.

"Come on Tori, stop playing. How are you really feeling?" Johnson asked wiping sweat from his forehead.

"Shit." I said, unable to mask my pain from him.

Johnson nodded. "I don't know what to say...this is marriage business something which I know shit about. But I know you guys need to talk."

"Talk?" I scoffed. "He doesn't even want to look at me and when he does, its like I'm a liar."

"Oh come on, you're not!"

I shrugged. "I just want to go home right now."

Johnson stood up. "Things will work themselves out, that I can promise you today."

My throat felt itchy - I couldn't hold in my emotions. For buring them away for about three days - I had finally hit my breaking point and couldn't stop.

"Jack?" I asked standing up, a single tear ran down my face. I felt terrible but without me even asking, Johnson pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

I cried.