Forty

-Tori POV-

I was hopeful the next morning when I had woken up. As expected, Nate hadn't come back to our room and to be honest I didn't expect him to.

I had messed up and there was no way to apologize. If I were a guy and someone had done this to me - I would be more than pissed. Whether I kissed Cameron or not... I didn't tell Nate.

And I owed him more than an apology for that. We were supposed to be in an open relationship. If Nate didn't tell me about an accident with a girl I'd have left him.

So I was hopeful or atleast tried to be since that's all I could do.

Waking up a bit late, I had taken a slow shower to relax my nerves. I was curious as to where Nate went and what about Cameron. Everyone must be at breakfast so the encounter could be deadly.

But I knew Nate liked privacy when it came to our relationship. He wouldn't want his family or friends to know - save for Derek.

I got out and dried off, rubbing sun block lotion on my body. I noticed little cuts on my ankle from where pieces of the vodka bottle had hit after splattering. I put a plaster over them, not wanting the redness to show.

After that, I changed into highwaisted denim shorts and an ACDC muscle tee over my bathing suit. I tied my hair in a messy bun and walked out, suddenly feeling like I looked like someone who had cried their eyes out last night.

I forced a smile on my face as I neared the dining area where everyone was sitting and laughing loudly. As I entered I greeted everyone neutrally, nobody seemed to acknowledge that Nate and I had a fallout last night.

I felt relieved.

Until my eyes met Nates red ones across the table. He sat besides his cousin and Tez - usually we sat together. I looked away and dished up some breakfast.

"Love the shirt." Gilinksy said taking a seat beside me. "You alright?"

Johnson occupied the seat beside me and smiled. "How you feeling?"

"Nate told you guys?" I asked weakly and picked my fork up, I didn't make eye contact with Nate again. If he wanted to be funny then I could be so too.

"We came in just before everyone else did last night and heard the yelling in your room." Johnson said.

"Weren't eavesdropping." Gilinsky added to that.

I shrugged. "It's okay. I'm fine actually, I feel better this morning."

"Cameron isn't a bad guy." Gilinsky said quietly. "He just drank too much and got too messed up. We spoke to him this morning, set him straight...he wants to leave later today."

The worse part was I knew he wasn't a bad guy. He was the opposite of that in fact. But last night had messed all three of us up anyways - there was no making peace.

I didn't respond to that but smiled at Gilinsky for the attempt. Johnson rubbed my back gently. "G and I are here for you anyways, alright?"

"Thank you guys." I smiled genuinely for the first time since last night. But my heart still felt heavy as I looked at this plate of food.

It didn't taste like anything. It didn't look like anything. I wasn't even hungry at this point. Throughout breakfast, I just stared at the food until getting up and walking into the kitchen.

I didn't realize Nate was in there, getting extra sauce. He looked at me as if he was confused and didn't know what to do with himself. It hurt seeing him look at me that way.

"Nate - " I began taking my chance to apologize.

"Not now Tori." He averted his gaze.

"I just want to - "

But Nate walked out before I could finish, leaving me alone. I felt despair sink in finally. I had really hurt him more than I guessed.

I walked out of the kitchen and didn't bother returning to the table. This morning I felt so far from everyone. I just wanted to be alone again.

I headed back to the room to get my kicks on, then headed out the villa for a little jog.

-Nate POV-

I walked out of the kitchen when Tori had tried to talk - god knows what she had to say.

Admittedly, it was beyond rude but I couldn't look at her without falling to my knees. I couldn't let her just win me over when I felt like I was treated unfairly.

Because she knows if I had lied like that it would have been worse. She wouldn't even want to be near me - so it wasn't like I was being cruel.

It did hurt me that I was hurting Tori but thinking of Cameron with her hurt even more. The anger in me never left since last night...it may have just multiplied by like a billion.

I sat back down at the table as everyone noted the plan for today. We had less than five days of vacation left and it was ending shitty. I noticed Tori walked out of the kitchen minutes later - not sitting down but leaving.

I had an urge to run after her but just then Cameron walked into the dining area. His face was bruised beyond recognition.

"Honey! What happened?" My mom asked worriedly, standing up. I wanted to pull her back - expose Cameron but I was done being the bad guy.

"Nothing major." Cameron said with embarrassement on his face. I heard Derek short beside Tez and couldn't hide my smirk.

After all, the kid deserved it.

"Come on, eat something." My mom said gesturing to the table.

Cameron shook his head. "Actually no, I'm just leaving."

"Leaving?"

"Back to home." Cameron said with a smile that looked so believable. "I have an audition for a new movies so..."

Everyone had said their goodbyes to Cameron excluding me - I just had nothing to say to him now. I didn't care that he was leaving. And I was extra happy that Tori wasn't here - she couldn't see him either. Call me crazy but I was happy.

After he had left, my mom looked at me for a while - her eyes full of concern. I knew she could tell something was up but didn't want to pry. Tori and I would have been all over each other if things were okay.

I doubt they were going to be okay.
___________________
I started working on a Shawn fanfic bcs he been giving feels lately! So I wanted to call it Treat You Better and base it off the song but idk...cliche? I have sick ideas but tell me what y'all think?

Much love. Xo