Thirty-Three

-Nate POV-

"What the hell do you mean?" I yelled at Cameron hours later.

It was almost 10:40 p.m when we all sat down for dinner and Cameron walked in looking disheveled. I sensed something wrong and abandoned my dinner when I saw Tori wasn't with him.

Cameron winced at the anger and cold in my voice. He wasn't afraid of me but he knew how I felt about Tori and her safety. It could turn me into a monster.

"We split up." Cam continued. Everyone at the table was silent. "Jack and Jack went in and Tori and I took a different path to see what we'd find."

"Get to the damn point." I said through gritted teeth. Each passing moment with my wife not in sight made me edgy.

"Tori got mad at me and stalked off in a different direction." Cameron said. "I couldn't find her."

I closed my eyes. "You...you let her just walk off in some dark cave?"

"She was angry." Cameron said. "I went after her - "

"Are you fucked up bro?" I yelled and slammed my fist on the table.

"Nathan." My grandmother said under her breath.

"I'm sorry Ma." I said backtracking but standing up. "But this is bullshit! Tori is somewhere in that cave with God knows what and so are The Jacks."

"We'll go look for them." Nash stood up immediately with worry in his eyes. The other guys stood up and made towards the beach.

Cameron stepped closer. "I didn't mean for her to get lost - "

"You better fuck out my face before I hurt you." I said under my breath, so nobody could hear. "Tori seems to take a liking to you but you and I were never really close."

"Excuse me?" Cameron raised a brow and sized me up. He was my height but I wasn't phased.

"It means I'm watching you." I said in a low tone. "I'm holding out because Tori sees you as her close friend. If it wasn't for her, you wouldn't be here."

"Feeling threatened then?" Cameron smirked.

The kid could go from charming to annoying real fast and I was the only one who saw it.

"Nah." I chuckled. "I'm feeling pissed."

I shoved passed him, following Nash and the guys down to the beach. My blood was boiling regarding Cameron but I was shit scared about Tori. If something were to happen to her...I don't even want to imagine that.

"Hey man...it's alright." Derek said to me as we jogged down the beach. "She can't be lost."

"I can't deal with this man." I said in an exhausted tone. "She does reckless shit like this to scare me."

"That's not true." Derek laughed. "You heard Cameron...they were arguing and she walked off. She wasn't thinking and that's fine. People get that way."

"Why'd he piss her off? I should have bust him up for that." I said balling my fist.

"I'll admit that pisses me off too but he's our friend." Derek shrugged. "You gotta thread lightly. He was here before Tori."

That was true. There was no way he was out to cause drama. He was Cameron, always looking out for us all and helped when he could. But now with Tori in, I felt uneasy.

"Johnson showed me this one earlier so it must be the cave!" Tez said pointing to a small hill with a cave above it. It was a short distance from us.