Sixty - Part Two

-Nate POV-

"Dudeeee." Derek howled with laughter as we walked into a hectic club in Barbados.

"Holy shit." I laughed.

This was not California. This was some whole new level of partying and music and alcohol. It was definitely my scene and I wanted more.

"Come on!" Derek nudged me. "Almost time to perform."

On our way to the back of the club, we bumped into people Derek knew and some we had heard of. Everyone was chilled and into the party vibe.

"I could live here." I laughed as we reached backstage.

"You and me brother." Derek nodded.

Derek and I met the club owners and made small talk. A few minutes before the show, I excused myself to give my wife a call. I knew Tori wasn't happy with any of this.

It was evident on her face.

"Hey." Her voice calmed my nerves immediately.

"Baby." I responded. If I could pull her through this phone...

"How are you?" She asked. "How's Derek handling it all?"

I chuckled. "Crazy. The kid is crazier than I am."

Tori giggled. But it wasn't her usual giggle.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah! Of course." She responded, attempting to sound cheerful hut instead she sounded disappointed.

"How's my little Maloley?" I asked, still worried about how she was feeling. I never stopped thinking.

"I think I felt the baby move this morning." Tori chuckled and sounded more alive now at the mention of our child.

"No way! And I missed it?" I felt bummed but what can I do. "Fuck!"

"There'll be more." Tori said, trying to make me feel better but it didn't help. "I wasn't even sure but Sammy said he felt it."

My blood rose. Sammy? I figured those two would hang out once I'm gone which I found so sketchy. Why don't they hang when I'm home? When I'm not there then theyre the best of friends?

"Nate?" Tori broke my thoughts.

"Sorry." I laughed. "Just can't wait to be home. I miss you."

"You're gonna love the whole design I have planned for the house." Tori said with excitement. But I noticed how she didn't respond to my initial sentence.

I noticed.

"I gotta get ready for the show." I said, not feeling anything right now. Not even excited for the show.

"Good luck." Tori answered. "I love you."

"I love you too." I felt more relieved when she had said that. But my mind was still tugging at me.

-Tori POV-

The call ended.

I leaned back in my car. I had just driven from my house to Sammy's. I was bored and lonely and wanted a friend to talk to. Nate and I were in an awkward state or at least I felt awkward.

Like I didn't belong anymore.

Then I felt awful for driving to Sammy only when I needed something from him. I never called to check up on him or ask he was doing.

I got out and knocked on the door. I even buzzed a few times. It was like 9:15 p.m so I wondered if he was even at home. It was early and maybe Sammy was still on his date.