Fourteen

-Tori POV-

I felt nauseous all of a sudden, like I may throw up.

According to Sammy, this girl Sera was Nate's first love and also his first heart break. Real heart break.

"Sera had cheated on him." Sammy said cooly as we sat on a lawn chair facing the sunset. Our backs to Nate who didn't seem to know I exist since Sera showed up.

Was I jealous? Maybe.
Was I hurt? Of course.

"Don't look so sad!" Sammy bumped me gently. "Nate has like zero romantic feelings there, this happened a year before you showed up Tori."

"Then why does it look like a happy reunion." I asked looking over to Nate who looking like he was high. Sera had her long nails on his shoulder.

There was nothing special about it - just familiar.

I didn't like it.

"Sammy?" I said quietly.

Everyone else seemed so normal except that his mother kept glancing their way with sadness. She caught my eye a few times and smiled lovingly at me - to show that I wasn't alone.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Can you take me home?" I asked. "I don't feel like staying and being witness to this amazing reunion."

"Tori you don't have - "

"There's no place for me." I said, cutting him off. "I have zero tolerance for games like this Sammy."

He chuckled. "I was going to say you don't have to stay and watch, I'll take you home."

I smiled gratefully at Sammy. I didn't even feel like crying...I hardly cried and intended for it to stay that way. Why should I let myself bawl over this?

No.

Sammy and I got up nonchalantly. I figured I'd just make an excuse tomorrow and say I was sick or something like that. But for now I just had to get going.

As Sammy and I were almost at the back door and home free, I felt a hand grip my wrist tightly and yank me around.

"Where you going?" Nate asked me, looking at Sammy behind me then at me again.

I pulled my hand free. "Not feeling too well so I asked Sam to drop me off at home."

"Thought you were staying over night Tori?" Nate asked, still glaring at Sammy who stood quietly but didn't walk away.

I cleared my throat. "Its my period and you don't have - "

Nate raised his brow. "Then why didn't you ask me to take you home? Why are you leaving without saying goodbye?"

I didn't know how to respond. Behind Nate I caught his aunt and Sera looking at us. They seemed nice enough but hadn't acknowledged me as Nate's fiance.

So Sammy took the wheel. "She doesn't need to stay and watch you make nice with Sera - "

"This is not your business bro!" Nate cut him off immediately. His voice thick with anger. "Tori can speak for herself."

Sammy rolled his eyes and heading into the house and possibly home. Nate and Sammy pretended like they were okay but I knew there was some unresolved things between them.

"She's just a close friend." Nate explained to me. "We were friends when I was younger...she's back in town and that's all."

"Girlfriend." I spoke icily.

"What?"

"Don't say friend to make this seem okay Nate, she's your ex girlfriend." I said with a shrug.

"I don't want you to look at this in another way that's why I'm using the word friend." Nate frowned. "I don't wanna hurt you."

"Too late." I looked away. "I'm going home, I don't feel like being here right now."

Nate held my hand. "I'm not letting you go like this Tori. I'm not letting some irrelevant girl come between us."

When I looked at him, looking into those intense eyes I believed him. I knew Nate by now and I knew he wasn't a guy to intentionally hurt someone. He may be all gangster like but he was just a guy with feelings too.

I didn't budge easily though.

"Stay." Nate pulled me to him. "I just want you lil mama."

I couldn't resist a smile. "Nate."

"Let me introduce you babe, as my fiancé" Nate kissed my forehead.

-Nate POV-

"Yo Aunt Liz! Sera." Nate said as we approached the two again. It seemed like they were sitting apart from the rest of the family.

They looked at me with smiles. There was no malicious intent at all. Sera was gorgeous and she looked nice enough. I was just letting jealousy rear its ugly head.

"I want y'all to meet my beautiful fiance here." Nate said sliding his arm around my waist. "Tori Henderson."

I blushed and held out my hand which they each shook gently. "Nice to meet you both." I smiled, I was never the type to behave unkindly anyways.

"Oh my god you're so stunning!" Sera drawled. "How did you end up with this lame kid."

I smiled. Despite their history, Sera seemed to like me and I ended up liking her too. I figured I had nothing to worry about because I trust Nate.

"How about we head upstairs when everyone leaves?" Nate whispered in my ear as Aunt Liz and Sera got up to get drinks.

I giggled as he kissed my ear. "I'll think on it."

"Think faster." Nate groaned.

He tilted my head up to his and kissed me softly, letting his soft lips linger on mine. It was heavenly. His tongue begged for entrance and I let it in, allowing the feelings to rush over me.

I bit Nates bottom lip gently, knowing he loves it. He laughed against my lips and pulled away only to look at me in the eyes.

"I love you Tori." He said serious, but with a hint of playfulness. "Only you baby."

I smiled. "I love you."

"Never stop okay?" Nate ran his hands through my hair.

And how could I? Despite the fact that I was to be married to this guy. But also the fact that we had grown close. We had shared our secrets, our habits, our ways the past weeks. Nate had seen my naked body and my naked soul.

We were together. And it was more than magical. He knew that too, he knew this is something special.

"Really, I love you." He sighed and pulled me into his arms.

How could this be? I still couldn't believe that Nate and I had become so close and so happy. Maybe it was because of the California trip I had long ago. Maybe we were just meant to be.