Sixty-Five

-Tori POV-

The next day rolled around slowly.

"Oh my god!" I giggled as Sammy and I sat on the lounge carpet.

"You kind of suck." Sammy laughed and looked over his cards.

Sammy was attempting to teach me a few card games that him and the guys played. Sofia had left for work again so we decided to pass time. It was fun.

I threw the cards on the floor. "I give up with this! I don't understand the point."

"You just hate losing!" He chuckled.

I got up with difficulty. "I can't lose if I don't even understand the game. So I'm getting juice instead...want some?"

Sammy nodded. "A beer would suffice."

I snickered. "Fancy words. I like."

"How can't I?" Sammy followed me into the kitchen. "With you reading all these crazy books."

"Which you secretly love." I wiggled my brows.

I poured two glasses of juice. Sammy just picked his up when the door bell rang several times.

"One sec." He said. "Must be the pizza dude."

He walked out of the kitchen and down the hallway to the door. I sipped my juice slowly and looked for cash on the microwave as Sammy opened the door.

"How much is it?" I yelled when no response from Sammy came. He usually got loud when the pizza arrived.

I was about to ask again when I hear a loud crunch noise and see Sammy sprawling down the hallway like someone had pushed him.

"What the fuck do you think you two are playing at?" I heard an angry and very loud voice down the hallway.

Nate. Of course.

My blood ran cold as I saw him dash down the hallway into the  living room where Sammy was. He didn't even see me standing in the kitchen.

"Where is she!?" He yelled. "Where's my wife!"

My heart was pounding as I stood frozen to the ground.

Sammy moaned. I supposed Nate had hit him again and anger rose in me too since none of this was his fault.

"You're a real punk!" Nate said. "You and Tori think y'all slick? Messing on the side because I'm making mistakes! Think I'm stupid?"

That was it.

I walked into the living room and found Nate on Sammy, clutching him by the neck and slamming him onto the floor.

"Get off him! Nate you're gonna kill the guy." I cried out and held Nate's shoulders.

I felt him tense at my touch. He didn't expect me to be there at the moment and let go of Sammy. Instead he spun around and finally faced me.

My heart seemed to have bolted when I looked into those deep eyes. This was the first time seeing him in almost two months. And he looked good. His hair was long and in a man bun as usual - the way I loved it. His beard also growing slightly.

Nate was more tanned now. I forced myself to forget about his muscles tensed under the shirt. I should be hating him now but he looked so good.

"Tori..." Nate crumpled and the anger in his face disappeared. He looked down at my stomach with pain all over his face now. "My baby."

He fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around my belly. My heart melted when he kissed my stomach. I didn't wave him away - this was his baby too and I'd hate to take it away too.

"My love." He whispered.

I clutched his hair a little - wanting more of him. But I had to be strong and not let him weasel his way back in so easily. I put up with his ways for more than a month.

I stepped back after giving him a good  moment. He looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"Please don't do this." Nate begged. "I need you."

"I need you too." I admitted. "But not like this Nate...you obviously miss your old life. I was stupid in thinking you could make this work."

"Tori...I'm still trying! Cut me some slack okay?"

"I have been! And I've been nothing but supportive." I held back tears. "But just like your music needed you, I did too! I really needed you."

Nate sighed. "I should have been there for you! And I know my mistake now but I swear I've never been unfaithful. Not once."

"Neither have I!" I said. "Sammy and I are as good friend as you and him. His girlfriend Sofia has also become my friend."

"So what's the deal then? We can talk this out and make it work." Nate stepped towards me.

"I meant that I can't trust you to always be there. I know its not your fault because it's your career. But you didn't even try." I broke. "You didn't call me for a week! You didn't bother checking up on your baby! We were never even second priority."

Nate was at a loss for words.

"We are not the same." I whispered. "So don't pretend we are."

And the silence filled the living room. I noticed Sammy watching us - clutching his face in pain.

Nate finally spoke. "I can't live without you."

"I just want space, Nate." My voice shook a little.

He nodded. "I'll respect that."

He looked back at Sammy then back at me with apprehension. I knew he assumed we were together and I wish I could have reassured him. But maybe it was his turn to hurt.

Nate stopped just as he was about to disappear into the hallway. "I just have one question?"

I nodded. "Sure?"

"Girl or boy?"

"Girl." I whispered to him.

A sense of overwhelming love passed between us as Nate looked at my belly again.

"I had a feeling." Was all he said before leaving.

And then I broke into sobs. Sammy held me for a while.
__________________
Awww yeah! I really love this chapter you guys!

It took a while to update because I've been getting my life together. So its finally time! I decided on girl because I always have boys or twins in my book.

Do insert the name y'all want here!

All the love xoxo