Sixty

-Tori POV-

I paced the kitchen floor of our new home. We had already been here for three - almost four months yet it still felt new. It was big and still needed some furnishing to pull it together.

Nate and I were slow on the decor, both of us were either busy with life or career decisions. There was never time to kick back and focus on us.

"Babe it's just for a weekend." Nate said leaning against the counter.

I stopped pacing.

Since being pregnant, I had become way too selfish. I mean I just wanted Nate with me all the time no matter what he had to do. And I didn't even care. All I wanted was him around.

But now I just seemed like a crazy person.

I sighed. "You're right! Youre right."

"I am?" Nate stared at me in confusion now.

Just a minute ago I had groaned when he mentioned having a show this weekend in Barbados. The whole weekend. I was too clingy but I didn't care. I'm having his child.

Then again...his career.

"Yes." I exhaled. "I'll admit that I'm just worried about you being okay."

Nate chuckled. "I'm a big boy."

I laughed. "Of course you are."

Nate just smiled. His beard growing now along with his hair. He looked so good just casually leaning against the counter and looking at me. The amount of feels he gives me.

"I'll be okay." Nate nodded.  "Its you that I'm worried about."

"I'll be fine." I smiled. "It's just for a weekend."

Nate then slowly walked over and kissed my forehead gently. His lips against my skin was pure bliss. I wanted more than that but Nate had refused to touch me since the pregnancy.

"I love you." I whispered holding on him as if my life depended on it.

Nate smiled. "I love you more."

Finally I pulled away. "Shall we get you all packed?"

Nate nodded. "I'll rarely need clothing, I mean Barbados is pretty warm."

I hummed, feeling a little stubborn and I don't know what else. But I also felt bad for feeling this way when I know Nate wanted all of this more than anything in life.

And that was okay.

The entire afternoon flew by with us getting Nates bag packed - which was just me because he hated packing. I also made sure he had every other item like his passport.

"Still got a few hours left." Nate rubbed his eyes, they were red and for the first time - not from a blunt.

I opened my mouth to suggest going out for dinner but Nate continued his sentence.

"Think I'm gonna nap real quick." He said while yawning.

Before I could agree, he hopped onto our bed. My heart sank as I turned away and forced myself to get along with something else to pass time.

-

"I'm pretty sure all your ranting will soon be able to finish even unlimited WiFi!" Sammy said the second I picked up my phone.

I chuckled. "Hey! Jade is like missing in action here so I don't have anyone else."

"Your husband?" Sammy snorted. "Who by the way...is leaving?"

I sighed. "Didn't he tell you?"

"The guy tells me nothing. We don't talk much and I don't know why." Sammy said.

I was sprawled on the couch. "He's just busy with music and all that."

"And?"

"What do you mean?"

Sammy was quiet for a second and I could tell he was choosing his words carefully.

"You don't sound happy." Sammy said very quietly - like he was afraid of what my reaction would be.

"I am." I said quickly, not even thinking over what he just said. "I mean, of course I'm happy. I love Nate."

Sammy sighed. "Alright. Okay. So how do you feel?"

"Lonely." I admitted. I wasn't bothered that I'd embarras myself in front of Sammy. It was easy talking to him.

"Where's the kid now?"

I looked behind my back and up the stairs that led to our bedroom. "Taking a nap before his flight."

"Tori, I don't know what to say except that Skate loves you." Sammy finally said. "It's not like he's partying every single night ya know?"

I bit my lip. But he goes out a lot and its always for work but...does that make it okay?

"You're right." Was all I could say to Sammy. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid about everything."

"I've got a date to get to but I can cancel and come by later." Sammy offered.

"No!" I giggled. "I'll be fine. Have fun on your date."

"I intend to." Sammy laughed.

The call ended.

For a few minutes, I sat on the couch just looking at the floor. I wasn't about to cry and stuff but my heart was definitely sore. Just when things seemed good, I wasn't sure.

Here we were, moving into a great new home. I was pregnant. We were getting our life together - just what Nate had wanted. And now things have changed.

I was broken out of my gaze and thoughts when I heard Nates footsteps on the stairs. I looked back and my heart clenched at his tanned body, his messy hair...

I was so in love with him.

But I didn't know what he felt.

He looked at me briefly with a warm smile before heading into the kitchen to eat something.

He loves me. I know he does.

But he feels too far.

"Babe!" Nate yelled. "Last night's lasangne?"

"Fridge." I yelled back. "The blue lid."

"Got it!" Nate yelled with a chuckle.

And that was about the last conversation we had before he left that weekend.