Nine

-Tori POV-

"How do you feel?" Jade risked asking me as she drove us to the restaurant we were to meet Skate and Derek.

I was grateful for having Jade with me because if I didn't - I'd have been through this all alone. While Skate had his friends - I would have had nobody.

"Honestly..." I exhaled. "I'm so conflicted J, I don't know what I feel at all. When I saw his face - I can't tell if my world was remade or if it fell apart at once."

Jade whistled. "I'm surprised too, but what are you going to do? You're still going through with this?"

"What choice do I have. I should be happy that it's Skate - someone I've met before." I said. "All I've done was kiss him...I don't know the first thing about him."

"You can still get to know him." Jade offered with a hopeful voice.

I sighed. "Within numbered days I can. But naturally, I'd never know what he's really like."

"You're over-thinking this." Jade said turning into an open parking. "I think you should just talk to him for now and work out something."

"Right." I said stubbornly. I didn't want this, I didn't want him either yet I had no choice.

Jade and I walked into the restaurant and spotted Derek and Skate there already. We saw them first, Skate looked nervous and kept biting his fingers. At first glance, my heart fluttered a little.

"Hey guys." Jade smiled.

She was always the conversationalist between the two of us. So once again, I was so grateful. She hugged Derek and Skate but I just smiled at them and sat down. I couldn't look Skate in his eyes.

"Well we're going to head off." Derek said quickly, taking Jade's hand. I didn't think they had something going on but they were close.

"What?" Skate and I blurted out at the same time.

Derek sighed. "Jade and I can't be here the entire time okay? You guys need to talk in private."

"He's right." Jade nodded. "You have to start somewhere...we'll be back in a few hours."

With that, they both hurried out with Skate cursing loudly. "Oh shit I didn't mean to cuss in front of you!" He covered his mouth.

I laughed regardless as another curse came out of his mouth. "Crap." He shook his head.

"Its okay." I reached out and touched his hand without realizing it. Skate looked at my hand then back up at me with a flushed face.

I pulled my hand away. And then the awkwardness set in once again. It was so weird to be sitting with someone you barely knew and soon you'd be marrying that person.

Thankfully, the waiter came to take our orders which filled the weird silence. I had to think of what to say when the waiter left.

"Look Tori..." Skate spoke up. "I don't know what to say right now, this is as big a shock for me."

"Skate." I buried my face in hands, not wanting to cry or for him to see me like that.

"Hey hey hey." He stood up quickly and slid into the seat beside me, his arms going around me.

And I burst into tears. The first time I cried as hard as when my mom dropped the bombshell on me. I sobbed silently as Skate had his arms around me.

"Its okay." He murmured. "Its gonna be alright, I promise you."

I shrugged out of his grip, he held a napkin out for me. "You don't have to promise that, I know how this is gonna work out."

Skate moved a piece of my hair out of my face. "I don't know what's going to happen with us...with this...but we're gonna figure it out."