Thirty-Seven

-Tori POV-

Cameron and I rushed into the hospital later that night. It was a medium sized one but very clean and looked pleasant enough for a hospital.

I saw Derek at the front desk already so there was no need to ask for a Nate Maloley patient. My blood was roaring in my ears when I reached Derek, he pulled me into a hug.

"Is he okay? Is it bad? Oh god, Derek I don't even wanna know." I said burying my face in his chest. "That's my life."

"Hey it's gonna be okay." Derek said rubbing my arms. "There was a little accident, Nate just hurt himself a bit"

I still didn't relax. I couldn't. I was so afraid of even going up to see him because I don't think I could handle seeing him in a hospital. I couldn't.

"Come on." Derek pulled away but kept his arm around my shoulder. He steered me towards the stairs. "He's been asking for you since we got here."

I guessed Cameron followed behind us but I didn't even look back to make sure because I didn't care. I was still really upset with him for kissing me and even more upset that he thinks its okay.

We walked up one flight of stairs and down a long corridor. A few nurses passed us along the way. Derek had stopped me outside Room 420 which I found a little funny.

"We'll wait outside." Derek said nodding to Cameron. "The guys went to get some food, they'll be back soon."

I nodded and walked in, keeping my eyes on the floor first. The sound of wired machines and smell of disinfectant hit me. I finally looked up and saw him laying on the bed, sheets around his body.

"Tori?" He looked sideways and only sees me now that I've stepped closer. He reached out with his hand.

I reached his side immediately and Nate pulled my face down to his, pressing our lips together. My body tingled almost immediately from the feel of him against me.

This was a kiss. Passionate and slow with just enough need in it.

Not what Cameron tried to pull. Nates kiss had melted it all away and i kissed him harder and harder. I couldn't even breath but it was wonderful.

Nate pulled away slowly. "Why are you crying?" Nate asked wiping my cheeks gently.

"Because you scared me." I whispered, my hands still clasping his hair. I didn't want to move away from him. "I just assumed the worst."

I cried. I didn't even try to hide how much he means to me.

"I'm here." Nate ran his hand through my hair. "I'm okay. I just needed to see ny wife."

I grabbed his hands in mine and tangled them together.

"I love you." I said, feeling tears start to flow again.

Nates eyes turned reddish. "I love you too."

He motioned to the side of the bed for me to sit on. I got on carefully, not even knowing what I could hurt in the process.

"What happened?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

"We had a couple shots, couple blunts and stuff." Nate said not looking into my face directly. "Swazz and I had the idea to rent cars and race - like old times but things got crazy. I hurt my arm, that's all."

"Racing cars in Hawaii?" I gave him an annoyed look. "Really Nate."

"It was stupid." He goaned. "I know it was but I was so pissed with Cameron and everything."

I felt a hand close around my throat when he mentioned Cameron's name, and almost by instinct I looked out the window with the blinds. It showed a very clear picture of Cameron and Derek. Nate looked that way too.

"Wait! You came with him?" Nate tried to sit up and but groaned in pain. I reached out and held his shoulder down, so he could sink down gently.

"Please don't." I began. "He offered to bring me, you didn't want your family to know anyways!"

Nate rolled his eyes. "He needs to leave this damn vacation."

"Don't be like this." I said quietly. "You know he's our friends."

"Who's in love with you." Nate shot me a look.

I bit my lip. "That's not true!" But how very true it was, Nate didn't even know and I didn't want to tell him. I didn't feel the same about Cameron so hard could be done.

Nate sighed and closed his eyes, pain etched on his face and I couldn't think of it was because of his arm or because of me.

I got up slowly. "I'll let you get some rest then." I turned to go, but my heart was so bothered because Nate was upset.

He grapped my hand. My heart melted from his touch. I turned around and faced his handsome face - his lips set in a small smile.

"Stay with me." He whispered and let his hand slide down my thigh, gripping it gently. "You know I need you."

-Nate POV-

"Can I get out now? I'm fine." I said sitting up gently. It was the next morning already, the warm sun hitting from the other window.

Tori stood next to the doctor and raised her brows. "Is he fit to leave?" She asked the guy, peering over the clipboard at my results.

"Well..." The doctor sighed. "We don't have to keep him in longer, but if you want him to stay one more night - "

"No!" I laughed. But Tori still observed me like she was the doctor here, her brown eyes running over me.

Tori moved closer to me and held her hand over my forehead. Her touch was too much - even if it was that simple. I wanted to pull her closer but given the situation.

"Okay, I guess we can head back to the villa." Tori said, turning to the guy and smiling. He smiled back, I almost wanted to punch him.

"I'll sign you out." He said. "Here are the meds for pain...and enjoy the rest of your vacation."

Then he walked out. Tori helped me out of bed, careful not to hurt me and I wanted to remind her I'm not so fragile like she thinks. But she wanted to take care of me so...

"Come on." She held the hand of my unhurt arm. I noticed how much tanned she was now, her body had changed from the gangly English girl to some curvy Cali babe. I liked both ways but this was too tempting.

Tori smiled at me as we walked out of the hospital, to a rental car that Nash and Johnson were waiting in. Tori helped me into it again, getting in after me.

"Hows the champ?" Nash said driving back to the villa.

"100 bro." I chuckled and pulled Tori towards me with the other arm, taking in her sweet smell. "Feel like I need some sun."

"Your mom is freaking out." Johnson said with a snort.

I groaned. "Amazing."

"It's what you get for being reckless, Nate." Tori nudged me gently, but she cuddled against me anyways.

I kissed her forehead. "Yeah yeah I know, I'm still sorry about it."

______________
More drama bout to come! S2g I loved writing this and the chapters to come! So excited for what you guys think 💓