Forty-Three

-Nate POV-

"Jack?" I heard Tori say in almost a squeak.

Then there was silence where I didn't know what was happening.

Then there was crying. Crying from a familiar voice.

"Its gonna be okay." Jack whispered as Tori cried heavily.

I was so shocked. I had never seen Tori cry like this - I mean she would tear up once in a while but never ever would she cry hard. And she would never let someone witness her break down.

But she did anyways, Jack Johnson kept whispering soothing things and sweet words that could have melted any girl to dust. But I wasn't jealous or anything, I knew Jacks intentions were good.

I wanted to walk in and hold her instead but my legs wouldn't budge. Maybe I was ashamed of putting my girl through all of this. Maybe I was still angry and hurt and confused.

So I didn't act on it. I turned around, walked away from Tori and Johnson and the guilt followed me.

-

"I made reservations at the restaurant nearby!" My grandma said as we all relaxed around the pool area.

It was 9:15 p.m. Everyone was up in the villa again - having had enough of the beach for once. We had brought drinks and snacks and cooled off.

Tori stuck close to Stew or Johnson the whole time, never looking my way once since this evening. I wondered what she was thinking now - because I was missing her...

Gilinsky and Tori had a breathing competition too which was kind of funny since Gilinsky didn't even last a second underwater. Tori emerged from the water, pushing her hair back. She looked so beautiful, it actually hurt.

"Reservations?" My dad looked up, with a lazy yawn.

My gran shot him a look. "Everyone better shower and be down in the next hour or there will be trouble."

Nobody even argued.

"Yes grandma." Nash sighed and forced himself to get out of the pool. He walked passed her with heavy shoulders.

"And Nash!" She called. "Brush your hair for once."

We all snickered as Nash touched his hair with a frightened look on his face but nodded in response. My gran loved Nash more than any of us here.

Tori retreated to our room, I watched her walk wanting to be with her but then Cameron came floating into my head and I wanted to punch something.

I waited a few minutes then followed her, wanting to get some of my clothing I still left in there. Thinking she would be showering, I walked in casually. But she had just grabbed a towel, I stopped in my tracks and stared at her.

Tori was stripped down completely. Her bathing suit and shorts tossed into one of the laundry baskets. I felt my pulse jump high, my knees weaken and...

The curves that I hadn't touched in days were in front of me.

"Oh my god, Nate." Tori wrapped the towel around her. I felt a pang of sadness knowing she didn't want me to see her like that anymore. Our relationship was messed up on so many levels.

"Nah nah." I said quickly. "I should have knocked. I'm sorry."

Tori nodded and quickly hurried into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her too. I groaned, feeling majorly confused now but I got my clothing and left in a hurry.

-

We were ready to go. Everyone was dressed up in casual outfits but looked good nonetheless. The last to walk out was Tori and Tez - who went to borrow a moisturizer from her.