Seventy-One

-Tori POV-

"Oh and Tori, thanks for helping me move yesterday!" Emily Wilkinson said as we jumped into Sammy's car the Friday.

Sammy scoffed. "You made a severely pregnant woman carry boxes for you?"

"Once again, I am not incapable of doing normal things just because I'm pregnant Samuel." I laughed. "And I offered!"

Emily stuck her tongue out. "Thank you, my brother just missed you yesterday."

We knew Emily was kidding around but it was still awkward. Given the fact that Sammy had begun acting weird and me having that weird image of us kissing. It wasn't funny is all.

So Emily sat in the front with Sammy at the wheel. I didn't mind sitting in the back because I preferred the space given my current state. Sammy started the car and backed out of the driveway.

"We aren't waiting for Sofia?" I asked Sammy.

"Oh she's getting there with Jack and Madison." Sammy notified me. "Jade's meeting us there too along with Benny."

I nodded. "Makes sense."

Emily laughed. "I heard about Sofia's outburst! Oh my god that must have been so awkward."

"Oh it was." I nodded. "This is gonna be one interesting weekend."

Sammy backed out of the driveway fully and started following the GPS. We were heading an hour or two out of town which was about the only distance I was allowed to be - pregnancy and all.

We had made bookings at this really popular resort. It was called Typical Paradise because...it was a typical paradise. Kind of lame but I liked it.

"Just don't worry about it." Sammy looked at me in the mirror. "She was just upset, but I smoothed things over with her."

"Wouldn't blame her." Emily said as bluntly as she could ever, plugging in the aux cord. "I've never seen a baby mama look this hot."

I blushed. "Emily, stop!"

She blew me a kiss. We had always had that playful banter since having met. It nothing more which I had to explain to Nate numerous times.

Neverthless I loved hanging with the Wilkinson's before Nate and Sammy had fallen out. It was always so comfortable and easy to be myself around them. With Nate there, it was a million times better and I still hopes things would go back to the way they were.

But as Emily played the music and we continued our road trip, my mind drifted to Sammy and Sofia. I was glad they were together but I just felt like I had still caused problems for them. I just hope she would forgive me once the weekend started.

And then my mind drifted to Nate. I don't know where he was or what he was doing or who he was doing what with. If that makes any sense! But it make me so uneasy.

I had called things off with him. I had moved in with his bestfriend. All for good reason. But Nate was so disturbed by Sammy and I - he probably believes we hooked up.

What if he wants to get even?

The thought made me sick.

-

"Typical Paradise!" Was the first thing I heard come out of Gilinskys mouth when we all met at the resort.

"You've been saying that since we let home." Madison chuckled then turned to me. "Tori! You look so good."

It was like a small reunion for us. After having all hugged and cracking a few jokes, we settled down. Just as we were about to check in - Sofia emerged from the ladies room just near the parking.