Week 9 - Desired Qualities

Author's notes 

No one is perfect !! Or are they.

The bible says ' Be ye therefore perfect even as your father which is in heaven is perfect' Matthew 5:48

This week will go through in brief the biblical qualities of different groups of people. E.g. women, men, husbands and wives, children, teenagers and youth and Christians. If you wish to read about these qualities in more detail - I will hopefully be posting short books on wattpad in the coming months :D

Day 1 - Women of Standard

Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies"

Independant women ! The new trend of the 1900's which has stuck right up to 2012. Women who go out to work, set up their own businesses and own their own houses. Women who don't need to marry and other women who definitely don't need a man. Through recent years as women dependancy upon men declines it is also possible to see a decrease in dependancy upon God. 

The bible has many women of God who were able to stand for Him and also be independant.

Take for Example Deborah. She was a prophetess who judge Israel. The first noted female judge to deal with high profile cases in the Old Bailey, England was in 1972. Thousands of years before God had appointed a woman to judge His people. He didn't leave her or limit her activites. She even led Israel to victory in war. 

Jochobed the mother of Moses, a great prophet leading the children of Israel away from the Egypt where they lived as slaves. She didn't just place her baby in the river and forget about Him. She was the nurse for her baby. She was paid wages to raise her own child. She taught him about His people and when He was old enough she gave Him back to Pharoah's Daughter. Many women these days opt for abortions or abandon their children without a second look back. Here we see that even in the face of persecution, Jochobed still tried to give her child the brightest outlook on life. Even though she couldn't look after him all the time she kept him in his early years teaching him all she could about his hebrew heritage.

Lastly I will look at Ruth. What I absolutely love about her is that when she came into contact with the only true God she didn't say these are not my traditions or the way I was brought up, but instead she said "you're people will be my people, your God my God" Ruth 1:16. What a true sign of submission is shown in the life of Ruth.Women of the 21st Century need to learn embrace the good, positive values of others, true self-lessness is a must in getting closer to God. Just because you submit to the will of God, doesn't make you weak, instead there is new-found strength to gain. Ruth became the mother of Obed her child part of the lineage of Jesus the Saviour of the world. What blessings we have in acceptance and obedience.

Women can be independant but with a new outlook on the word. Big hearts, open minds, willing for change but ready to stand. Women can lead the world to God. You are worth far more than rubies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 - Men of principle

'The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way' Psalm 37:23

Men the providers, leaders, fathers. The 21st century man portrayed as jobless, womanisers with no ambition living off benefits, not God's ideal and a very warped view of  society as a whole today. The bible shows us examples of men who led with Godly principles, not afraid of the concequences of following God, willing to follow Him no matter the cost.