Week 8 -Christian's - any expectations

Week 8 

Day 1 - Christians 

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name John 1 :12,13

 Meshan had a secret, a very deep dark secret. He was the pastor's son, who used to help out in church, give bible studies and assist in any other work of the church he was able to. Everyday he would go to college doing and afterwards help out with whatever he could, but when everyone was asleep he would go on his computer and watch x-rated videos for hours. Despite the fact that he hated it he still felt attracted to them. As time progressed he found he could watch more videos for a longer period of time. Until he was well and truly hooked. Each time promising himself that it would be the last time.

One day he decided that something must be done, so he thought to himself, if I just watch one video a day, then bring it down to one a month and so on then one day I will be rid of this terrible addiction. At first this worked and he began to feel relief, but about 6 months later when no one was around and he had no work to do he found himself on the dreaded website. The next day he felt dissappointed and dirty wondering what he could do. So he decided to read pray for help. One day he came across the key text in John 1:12-13. He realised that he had done it all wrong, instead of relying on the power of God he had been dependant upon his own strength.

Just like Meshan, we can do nothing of our own strength we need to be born of God. We are naturally sinful and we need the power and love of God to come and live within our hearts. He is the only one that can change us and help us get rid of all our dark habits. Trust Him with your heart and mind.

Dear God,

I know that I have many flaws, I try so hard to follow you but most times it's just not very good. I pray that you will come into my heart and take full control. Forgive my sins and create in me a clean heart. Help me to trust in you wholeheartedly so that you can help me get rid of my wrongs. You are all powerful and all loving. Thank you for all you do and for sending your Son to die.

Amen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

Being a Christian is hard work!! Just imagine you tell someone you're a Christian and suddenly their expectations of you soar through the roof. If you ever say a bad word, or even tell a half truth someone is there to point the finger at you. Many people decide that they will hide their wrong actions by living a double life in order to fulfil their worldly passions or pleasures without accountability. But like most things your sins will catch up with you. Take Tiger Woods for example, it is understood he had an affair whilst being married, as soon as this was published in the press, his sponsors were up in arms, the public and anyone else who could get a word in. Unfortunately this cost him his reputation and his game hasn't been the same ever since.  Disobedience to the laws of God

James 4:7 tells us to 'Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you' this should be our prayer every day. That God will take control of our hearts so that we can get closer to Him.  The closer we get to Him the further we are from sin but we must allow God to permanently live in our hearts so that our lives can be shaped for His service. The way we conduct ourselves can either bring people to Christ or turn them away (Romans 5:19).  Ask God to get rid of you double-minded mind and replace it with one focused on living right.