His offer to leave was so tempting, it was hard to deny it. I had to do what was right. Nova or Liam probably wouldn't get as nice of a kidnapper as Clarke. I wanted a different life. Maybe with Clarke that could happen.

"They're also searching for your mom and little brother too. Plus you're brother's girlfriend."

"What?" I said startled. I didn't even know where they were.

"Michelle has been tracking them. They could be using them for leverage. I'm sorry."

"Have they found them?"

"I haven't heard anything."

"Then he probably hasn't found them, right? I mean, he'd tell you."

"He would."

"Okay. They must still be alright then." I calmed down a bit.

Clarke scratched the back of his neck.

"Maybe I should go to bed." He got off the bed to leave.

"Clarke." I stopped him.

"Yeah?"

"If it's not too much to ask, will you.. Stay with me tonight?"

"Stay with you?"

"Uh, yeah. I mean if you don't want to. I just thought because of the circumstances."

"No. Of course. I would love to. I mean, yeah sure."
He flipped the ceiling light off. He went over to turn off the dim desk lamp.

"Do you think we could leave the small desk lamp on?"

"Sure." He retracted and approached me.

I laid in bed and covered up. Clarke curled next to me, wrapping his arm around me tightly. We laid on our sides, facing the window. He was so comfortably warm. My heart tingled with love at his touch.

Clarke King held me all night. I dreaded the thought of waking up the next morning. So much was going to happen. Either me or my father was going to die. Somebody was going to rise, the other would fall. We were just pawns in their game of drugs.

My dream made me restless and uneasy. I was standing in a room with my family. Minga was there too. They were lined up against a black and white checkered wall.

A pistol appeared next to me on the glass stand. It rose to the height of my hand and stopped.

"Will, they're coming! You need to kill us before they get here!" My mom cried.

I tried to push words out but nothing came out. I couldn't kill them.

"Do it will! They're coming! Be a man, pussy!" Liam spoke harshly.

"Come on!" Nova screamed.

"Please, Will?" Jack said in his little childlike voice.

"No!" I broke the silence.

On my words, their faces began melting off. Their flesh ran down like wet paint. They called out in agony as their face melted off. The faces of my family morphed into Clarke.

"Do it, Will!" He screamed.

He stepped forward, and placed the gun on his heart. They all did.

Bang!

The gun went off. Blood splattered on the checker boarded wall.

I jolted awake with a fight and let out a weak scream. It woke my bed partner up.

"Are you alright?" He alertedly asked.

"Yeah, fine. Just a nightmare. I'm fine." I rested my head back on the pillow.

"You know, I get them too. Some are worse than others. Some are of things I've done, some are things I haven't done yet, but probably will have to. They never really go away. But I'm here for you, Will. I want to be there when you wake up from them. I want to protect you from them."

He rolled back on his side facing me and secured his arms around me once more. He didn't let go.

The sleep after the nightmare was peaceful. I didn't want the tranquil darkness to end.