Chapter 16

I said nothing.

"What's your name?" He asked again. I said nothing. It was my turn to by the strong, silent type. Clarke's voice wasn't raised or shaky. He opened his mouth to ask again.

"I believe torture requires some type of pain."

"Don't tell me how to do anything, Michelle. You heard what my father said."

She backed off a bit.

"Hit him." Clarke told him. I clenched every muscle as the whip struck my stomach. I screamed. He lashed me again. My skin stung.

Clarke signaled him to stop.

"Tell me your name."

"Your name." He said again, a little more aggressively. I was whipped. The whip stung my shoulder.

"You need to be more aggressive." Michelle commanded.

"I don't think I need to remind you who's in charge here. Hit him again."

The slash cracked across my back. I held back tears as my back stung. My muscles in my arm cramped up.

Clarke observed my silence. He slightly bowed his head, avoiding eye contact.

"Water." He commanded to Jimmy.

Water? Water? A drink would be refreshing, but I don't think that's what he meant.

Jimmy hosed me down with a long hose, connected outside, probably a fire hydrant or another water generator.

I closed my eyes and it heavily drenched me. I felt like I was drowning. My limbs felt heavier, as if they were about to fall off. I was too weak to move my legs.

"Needles." He told.

Jimmy pulled out a long needle, accompanied with a syringe. A clear liquid filled it about half way. My heart thumped.

He jabbed it into my stiff inner arm. It went down inches deep. My veins burned as the liquid pulsated through it.

"What.. What was that?"

No one said anything.

Then it hit.

It was agony. I could feel it pumping through me with every beat of my heart. My head felt like someone was pounding it with a hammer. I couldn't stop screaming, it was practically involuntary. Wet drops dribbled down my cheeks. Every vein in my body felt like it was on fire. To the tips of my fingers to the bottom of my toes. Through the pain I heard two faint words.

"Your name."

I curled my toes and breathed through my teeth. Sweat mixed with my tears as the pain intensified.

"He's not talking." I heard.

A pause.

"Get the eyeball scoop."

I couldn't fight the pain anymore. I couldn't keep fighting. I was weak, Liam was right.

"William." I pushed out my words.

The room went dead silent.

"William Merlin. Will...."

My eyes flickered and my brain shut down as I dove into darkness, my old friend.

I came to a long time later. There was chatter. My arms were no longer strung up above me, they were tied to my back again.