Chapter 6

<>Liam's POV<>

"Ready?"

"Yep, all set." Minga hopped onto the driver's side of her car and turned the keys in the ignition. It was better that I didn't attempt to drive in my condition.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"It was alright. Just went to my classes as usual."

"Listen, I'm sorry we couldn't go out to that Japanese place last night. It's just.. I had to work.. You know how it is."

"It's okay, I understand." She said sweetly.

"We could go there now if you'd like."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

I looked down at my gold watch on my good arm.

"Yeah, we still have time."

She flipped the turn signal and her smile on. A couple miles down the road they arrived at a quiet Japanese restaurant Minga had wanted to try for a while. It was steady, but by no means extremely busy.

"A table by the window, please." I asked, knowing it was Minga's favorite place to sit.

For the first time that night, I saw her in the light. And she looked radiant. She was East Asian. Her gold dress stopped around her thigh. She wore it with a tall pair of dark heels, almost reaching my height. Her hair was straight and black, almost like she didn't do anything to it. She was East Asian.But it wasn't necessary for her to try, she was already effortlessly beautiful. Her gold eyeshadow matched her dress.

"Are you going to tell me what happened to your arm yet?" She sipped her water.

"It was just a work thing."

"Yeah, I know that much. Tell me what happened."

"I'll tell you later." I said in a hushed tone. "I promise."

It was enough for her. She went back to browsing the menu.

"How's Will doing in the family business? Has he learned how to use the.. fax machine?"

"I wish. He's to afraid to pull the trigger...On the fax machine."

"I'm sure he'll learn."

"That's what everyone says, but I'm not so sure. I don't think he's cut out for it."

"And is that truly a bad thing though?" She set down her menu and looked at me.

"Yes. It is. Being a child of Frank Merlin? Working a fax machine is practically a requirement. What if he's in a life or death situation where he needs to use it? He'd be dead."

"All I'm saying is Will is a soft hearted kid. Not everyone was born with a fax machine in their hands like you and Nova."

"You sound like my mother."

"Well your mother is usually right."

"Have you decided?" The waitress kindly interrupted and asked. She wore a wide smile.