Birthday

Birthday

Ace x Reader

Wait what?! Its New Years day already?! Shit man..well bye 2016 you won't be missed *buries 2016* ANYWAY! So, coincidentally Ace's birthday is on New years, so is Oda-sensei's...HOW ABOUT WE WRITE A ONESHOT!

___DOUBLEBIRTHDAY!_______

Third pov

(Y/N) woke up, feeling not so fresh after last nights New Years eve party. Everywhere she looked, she saw each & everyone one of her family members lying around somewhere, sleeping & probably hungover. (Y/N) looked at the time, and almost squealed when she saw that it was already 12 in the afternoon.

'I STILL NEED TO MEET UP WITH ACE!'

She ran to her room, randomly grabbed clothes, and showered. Once that was done, she cleaned herself up, and ate a apple for breakfast. She then ran out her door, and sped her way over to Ace's place, her present to him sitting in the back seat of her car. She pretty much left a skid mark on Ace's driveway as she parked up. She ran up his stairs, taking three at a time, and bursted through his door.

"Aaaace! Are you awake?!" (Y/N) yelled, taking her shoes off in the process. She walked inside Ace's place, looking around for him. She eventually found him in the lounge. He was staring out the window blankly, and looked like as if he didn't even hear her yelling. He didn't have shirt on, and wore a pair of grey pants. "A-Ace.." (Y/N) stammered, "I'm sorry that I'm late. Long night, you know?" Ace didn't reply, and continued to stare out the window. "A-and um...I got you a gift." (Y/N) stuttered, which was followed by a sigh, "I get it, you want me to leave..."

(Y/N) sat the gift down on the table near him, and started to leave the room. She was thinking about how much of a lame girlfriend she is towards him. She desperately wanted to spend New years eve with him, but her strict-ass parents said that family must always come first, so they said that you were to spend New Years with them instead of Ace. She even texted Ace about what was going on....maybe he didn't receive her text?

'It still doesn't make up. I know that Ace's birthday is quite a touchy subject, and yet I flubbed it all up! God damn it..'

"(Y/N)."

(Y/N) stopped walking, and turned to see Ace leaning against the door frame, tears on his face. He sniffed, and wiped away his tears. He walled up to her, and brought her into a hug. (Y/N) stood there, surprised. She looked up at Ace, who kissed her on the forehead. "I'm sorry..." he whispered. "No don't be! I'm the one who should be sorry! I didn't get to spend New years eve with you, and-" he placed a finger over her lips, "Its okay, (Y/N). I understood. Its your family, after all." He pulled away so that he could look at her, "But what would make me feel better, is you..spending today with me." (Y/N) nods, after all, it was the only thing she can do to make it up.

And so, (Y/N) & Ace lounged around Ace's house all day, cuddling, smiling & laughing. (Y/N) still felt guilty though. Maybe it was because she kept on having that nagging thought about how Ace doesn't really like his birthday all that much. Usually most people enjoy them, but Ace particularly doesn't. Not because of old age, but because of his past, and how his parents weren't there for when he was born. He would always think that maybe there was a reason why he was abandoned...was it because they didn't love him?

"Ace..." (Y/N) called out. "Yeah?" He asked. "You're the most important person to me. I'll never ever stop loving you, even if I'm dead." It was almost like she had read what was going on in his mind. He stared at her, silently shocked. (Y/N) cupped his chin, smiling softly, "Don't you ever doubt me. I love you, and I'll always will." Ace then hugged (Y/N) close to him, tears threatening to spill once again. He sniffed, and muffled out:

"I love you more..thank you..thank you for being there for me. I can't be more grateful for a better girlfriend."

(A/N:Not exactly a extravaganza, but hey, its not the oneshot that counts, its the words! If that makes sense...but either way HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACE & ODA! ACE WE LOVE YOU! ODA EVEN THOUGH YOU'RS KILLING HS WITH WHATS GOING ON WITH SANJI, I'LL ALWAYS RESPECT YOU AND SEE YOU AS MY IDOL!)