Of keyblades & Masters

Keyblade wielder!Ace x Keyblade Master!Reader

(I recommend that if you haven't played the Kingdom hearts series, then don't read. Buy the games guys! They're all really good!)

So I've started to get back into Kingdom Hearts again! I haven't played those games since I was 9 or 8, lol whenever I play the game, it gives me memories. Also there's Final fantasy. I haven't played it, but from what my brother says, it sounds really good as well

____KINGDOMHEARTS___________

(Y/N) pov
I sighed."They're at it again, Sabo."
Sabo sighed as well."Yup. I swear they train everyday."

Sabo & I were watching Luffy & Ace spar against each other, their keyblades clashing with sparks. Day in & day out, these 2 would always be outside training. Whether be sunny or hurricane, they will always be fighting outside.

"And this all started because Shanks chose me first for the Mark of Masterery."I said
"Ace was upset with himself, yet he was happy for you. Back when we all trained together, you'd always beat all of us, mainly Ace."Sabo said
I smiled."I always did, didn't I?"

That was all because when I had first come here, Ace kept on saying that because I'm a girl, I wouldn't cut to be a keybalde master. So, while everyone was sleeping, I'd do extra training outside till the crack of dawn, and then I'd be asleep for most of the day.

'Then...I had to prove Ace that I can be a keyblade Master. But now...now it seems as if Ace is starting to take this whole thing a bit too seriously. When Sabo became Master like me, Ace was upset, but still happy for his brother.'

All of a sudden, when I saw Ace & Luffy clashing, I noticed some darkness emitting out of one of his hands.

"ACE NO!"I screamed

I jumped off from where I was sitting. I ran over towards the pair to stop Ace from getting Luffy with darkness. As Ace was about to jump to defend himself, I quickly summoned my keyblade & threw it like a dart. It flew & knocked Ace's keyblade out of his hands. Luffy stopped running.

"(Y/N)! What was that about?!"Luffy yelled

I grabbed a hold of Ace's wrist & dragged him over to a quiet corner.

"Ow let me go!"Ace hissed
"What was that? It looked like you were about to kill him!"I scolded
"Well I wasn't! I was becoming frustrated-"
"Ace! You were letting darkness come over you! What were you thinking?!"I hissed
"I was thinking of you!"Ace snapped

My (E/C) eyes widened as I let go of Ace.

'He was thinking....of me?'

"Why-"
"Look it doesn't matter anymore. You wouldn't care. You're leaving after my Masterery exam anyway."Ace snapped

He spun around, and stormed off. I watched him walk off into the distance, worry clouding my brain.

'Is-is he okay? He's never like this....unless-'

I shook my head."No. There's no way that he possibly could think of me in that way. I'm sure he's just...having a bad day."

*Mark of Masterery exam*

The fight between Ace & Luffy was intense. A couple times I'd see a flicker of darkness from Ace, but it seemed to me that he was keeping his darkness at bay.

Sabo nudged me."Where do you think Ace's darkness is coming from?"
"I dunno...but I will get to the bottom of it."I said

After a while, Shanks stopped the fight & made Sabo & I leave. I waited outside for them, while Sabo went off to the library we had to read up on some stuff.

At least 1 hour later, both boys left the room. Ace had a shadow over his eyes, while Luffy had a stoic face (for once).

"Luffy..what happened?"I asked
"We....it was a tie."Luffy said
"A tie-"

Luffy walked off. I was about to ask Shanks about the tie, but he was busy talking to another Keyblade master.

'Ace...'

I went off to his room,my (H/L) (H/C) hair swaying as I walked.

'A tie? What does that mean? Does it mean that they both failed? That..-'

I knocked on Ace's door & walked in. He seemed to be staring out the window.

"Ace...what happened?"I asked
He grunted."What happened was, was that we both became Masters."
"Thats great!-"
"But, even though we're all family here, I still didn't beat Luffy. And now...now we'll all go separate ways. I won't see Sabo, Shanks, Luffy or you again. And I don't want that to happen."Ace turned to me."(Y/N) the real reason why I was thinking if you yesterday, was because I was thinking of all the really good times I had with you. When you weren't training, you'd always be smiling, laughing & being nice. Even though at the start I was snippy at you, I really liked you. I don't like you because you're a girl, I like you because you're fearless, strong, loving, caring & beautiful. But now...now we're all Masters. We'll have to go to other worlds, and take care of all the Heartless & Nobodies. We'll all forget about each other and-"

"No! I will never forget about you! You'll always be there in my memories. I feel the same way. I never want to leave any of you. Ace, even though you were a douche to me, I always considered you to be precious to me. You all are!"I said

I cupped his face."But really, I'll never ever forget you Ace."

My movements had a mind of its own, because before I knew it, I was kissing Ace..

On the lips

Ace didn't seem to hate it. He had actually kissed back.

'This moment...is so...Light.'

I pulled back."Ace, how about we leave together?"
His brown eyes went wide."W-we can do that?"
"Yes. Shanks never said that we couldn't go together. So...why not?"I said
He grinned."I'm in. We'll have the best time (Y/N)!"

"I know Ace.."I said

"Hey (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

Ace smiled."I love you. Forgetting about you sounds like a nightmare."