Loyal

Loyal

Stranger!Ace x Abandoned Date!Reader

Well it appears that I am now 15!

___LOVEMELOVEME__________

(Y/N) pov
I sat myself down on the chair, and got given two menus by the waitress. I checked the time, and saw that I had gotten here on time.

"Now to play the waiting game..." I muttered to myself.

My boyfriend, Kidd, decided to take me out on a date, as a apology for acting like a asshole, and for being late to pretty much every date he's taken me on. He always says sorry, and yet always...I always forgive him. Why? Because I'm scared of the outcome I'd face against Kidd. When he gets mad, he becomes the most scariest man.

'He'll come this time.'

I skimmed through the menu, and immediately spotted the dish that I'm aiming to get. Minutes pass, and a waitress with dark green hair walks by.

"Are you ready to order, Miss?"
I shook my head. "I'm just waiting for my date to arrive."
She nods. "Okay, I'll come by later."

*1 hour & 30 minuted later*

I shifted in my seat as I checked to see if Kidd has sent me any texts. To be honest, at this point, I wasn't surprised when I saw that there was no text messages. I looked up, and saw that anyone who passed by my table, was giving me looks filled with pity.

'Don't look at me like that! He's coming! I swear he is....'

And then, the same waitress (whose name I've already learnt, her name was Makino) came by again.

"Are you ready to order, Miss?" She asked ever so kindly. I flashed her a weak smile, "No...don't worry, we'll be soon." Making gave me a knowing look, "Okay..."

She then walked off, leaving me alone. I got out my phone, only for my hope to vanish when I saw that there was still no texts...only stupid notifications from Facebook. I chucked my phone back into my purse impatiently. I looked around, and saw that people were still giving me looks of pity. I grit my teeth, and looked away from them.

'They can butt out. This is for me to deal with.'

I looked at the time, and saw that it was already 7. He was supposed to come ages ago. 

'I had a feeling that this would happen. How stupid of me to think that he'd actually turn up to this date! You know what? Fuck him. I'm going home to eat junk food & binge watch shit.'

I started packing stuff up, and preparing to leave, when-

"Hey babe! Sorry I'm late!"

I looked up, and found not my boyfriend, but another man. I will admit this now, I would go for him myself. He had messy black hair, chocolate brown eyes & freckles. From what I could tell, he would be at least 6 foot. As blessed as I feel right now, I knew not to be unloyal.

"Um....is this a joke-"

Then, the man pulled me into a comforting hug; something that I've been needing for a while. 

"I'm sorry about this, but I can't stand seeing you alone. Whoever your date is, is a absolute dick." The man whispered. "My name is Ace, you are?" I closed my eyes. "(Y/N).." I answered. I felt him smile, "Nice name."

We pulled away from our hug, and Ace sat me down. Making was already here, taking our order. When Makino left, I looked at Ace.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "I told you," he said. "your boyfriend or girlfriend who's supposed to be taking you out, is obviously a dick who doesn't care about you enough." I looked down, "You're not wrong there..." "So? Why do you stay with him?" He asked.

'Look at me, talking to someone I just met about my relationship problems. For all I know, he could be a total complete stalker....but then...I guess it could be okay..'

"Because when he begs for a second chance, I become the idiot that accepts every second chance." I laugh harshly to myself. "I guess.....when I first met him, I thought he was everything I was looking for. I thought wrong. Now look at me, I'm pitiful. I'm still sitting next to him hoping that the next time I forgive him, it'll go back to like when we first met: A total daydream."

Ace stared at me as food arrived. Immediately, he fell asleep. I gasped, then sweat dropped. I gave him a little shake, and he woke up.

"Wagh?!?" He then saw me, "Ahahaha...sorry, it happens sometimes.." I chuckled, "No, no! Its okay! It...was actually kinda funny." Ace pouted, "It was an accident!" I waved my hand to the side, "No, its okay. I'm sorry for laughing." 

I watched as Ace ate like it was nobodies business. By the time I finished my plate of food, he already had twenty plates.

"Phew! That sure filled me up!" He said happily, petting his tummy. "Y-yeah.." I sweat drop.

He cleared his throat. "Anyway, by the sounds of it, you have high hopes for this guy." I nod in response. "Well if thats the case, then I say you dump him." He said plainly. My eyes went wide, "W-what?" Ace shrugged, "Hey, if I were a girl, I would've dropped him ages ago. Whats holding you back?" I sighed, "I think its because how we've been together for so long...Maybe I..I just hope that maybe..just maybe there's a slight chance that it'll be better than before." "And has it been so far?"

I shook my head.

Ace rummaged through his pockets, then got out his pen. He scrawled something down on a napkin, then handed it to me. Immediately, I realised that it was his number.

"Just in case if you have..problems that you need assisting with." Ace said. I smiled at him, "Thank you!"

For the rest of the night, we talked, and got to know each other better. It actually turned out to be a really fun night with Ace. I never got to do anything like this with Kidd. 

'Speaking of which...I think I've made my decision about him. I think that its time that I leave.'

"Hey, Ace?" I called. "Hmm?" I smiled, "Thank you so much for today." He grinned, "Anytime, (Y/N). Hey....are you free this weekend?" "I will be." Ace then grinned bigger, "How about a date sometime?" I winked, "Pick me up at 7."

And with that, we went our separate ways. As soon as I got home, I sent Kidd this text:

"I am so done with you. You take me out on a date, and you don't even bother to show up. I trusted you, and believed that you'd come round. Every time I give you a second chance, you promise that you'll change...well I've got news for you, you haven't changed a single bit. You have used every second chance, and you'll never get a second chance ever again. You've wasted my time, Eustass Kidd...precious time that I should be spending with someone else. Don't even bother to text me anymore. We're done. Goodbye."