Welcome To The Family

Chapter Sixty One

Claire's POV

In the distance of my sleepy mind, I heard a ring. When I thought about it, it sounded more like a door bell. Echoing throughout my ears having my eyes flutter open slowly. Observing the surroundings with eyes half open, full of drowsiness, I took in the slight chill of the small guest room, though the warmth from Taylor's hands around my body overcame all of that. I half smiled and unraveled each finger gently, not wanting to disturb his peace, before swinging my legs over and standing up on the frigid wood. Everything about this felt like Déjà vu. Literally.

My bones cracked in a marvulous symphony as usual while I took my few first steps over to the bedpost, snatching a random sweatshirt and pulling it over myself.

I crossed my arms across my chest, hearing slight chatter coming from the front of the house. I wondered...

"She's what!" Oh god. Ryan was here. He, out of everyone, was probably the worst at handling stuff that involved his little sister.

I crept around the corner, noticing him and Shelby in deep conversation. My eyes narrowed as I stepped into view.

Ryan caught sight of me in his peripheral vision and turned dramatically over to me, mock shock on his face. "Well lookie what we have here! My knocked up sister."

I rolled my eyes, arms seeming to lock tighter and tighter into my ribcage.

"Don't roll your eyes at me sis. Hey, where is that bastard anyway?" He stomped down the few stairs and walked right past me. I gasped and ran after him, not wanting to go through this right now. This early in the morning. Though, of course, he barged right on in, startling Taylor wide awake as planned.

"Sup man!" His voice couldn't have been loud enough. Ugh.

I walked up to be right in the middle. Just in case anything happened... Yeesh.

"Hey Ryan." Taylor acknowledged.

I sighed at how pointless this all was. Feeling so bad for my sleep deprived boy. I just watched my feet, not wanting to look back and forth at them while things brewed up. Though I could feel intense holes being burned into me from each of their stares.

"Do you know what you did?" Ryan asked, for once, softly as he pointed at my stomach.

"Ryan!" I slapped his hand away.

Taylor gulped slightly, but it wasn't too noticeable. His back straightened up and he looked pretty in control of the situation. "Yes."

"That's all I need to hear." The irritated jackass of a brother huffed. "For now."

Did he growl? Seriously.

"Come on, you're done huffing and puffing and being a jerk, now get out!" I practically growled under my breath as well, while trying to push his slim body towards the door.

"I'll be back," He gave Taylor one last glare before storming out. Finally.

I groaned in complete frustration and slammed the door with passion, which was probably not necessary but it sure felt like it.

"I'm sorry about that..." I flipped over to lean back against the door.

Taylor chuckled and shrugged, "I would be the same with Makena, no doubt. So I understand where he's coming from."

"You weren't intimidated?" My brows furrowed.

"No, why?"

"Well just because of all his tats and shit." I giggled slightly, striding up to his bulky frame. I mean, Ryan's tall and all, over six feet but he's pretty skinny. Tattoos everywhere, a very active smoker, and drinks most of the time... Gladly not in front of me.