Friday Traffic

Chapter Nine:

Claire's POV

I had finished eating quickly, feeling excited that today was Friday and that I would be seeing Taylor in a matter of hours. I had told my parents that he would be staying the weekend, and they said that would be fine. I was slightly surprised when my mom completely agreed and asked if he wanted to stay longer. Though I told her that he would be busy... But anyway, I soon celebrated with myself in my room.

Pacing around the kitchen island, I kept checking the ovens clock. 2:35.. Another round, 2:36.. I kept repeating until I finally figured how pointless this really was. He probably just got out of the gym and was on his way right now. It would be a bummer if he hit traffic. Friday traffic.

Ick.

I then made my way upstairs and checked my phone, which was charging on my bedside table. No messages or missed calls.

I sighed and opened my drawers, grabbing a pair of jean shorts and a clean T-shirt. Leaving my phone in my room, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. Grabbing my wide toothed comb as I passed...

Taylor's POV

I dialed Claire's cell, sitting in my car after finishing a brutal work out. I leaned my head back against the head rest as it rang... Running my fingers through my hair, I closed my eyes for a brief second. Only to open them right away as it went to her voicemail..

"Hey, you've reached Claire! I'm not here at the moment, obviously *laughs*, so leave me a message and I'll get back to ya.. Bye."

BEEP

I swallowed, "Hey.. Just finished at the gym and I'm on my way.. Should be there in about four hours.. If I drive fast." I laughed slightly. "See you soon... Um bye."

I hung up and groaned, leaning forward and onto the steering wheel. "Why can't I just say it?" mumbling to myself. Shaking my head, I set my iPhone down and started up the engine. Pulling out of the parking space and exiting the lot, heading for the freeway.

Why couldn't I just tell her that I loved her? I didn't know why it was so hard...

Maybe it was because I wasn't sure if she loved me back.. No.

Then why was she balling so badly yesterday? What could've that meant.. The only thing I knew was that I had to tell her this weekend. I had to, otherwise it would be too long if I didnt.

Claire's POV

After I showered, I hopped out, wrapping a towel around my damp body. I tip toed across the carpet and into my room, shutting the door behind me. I dressed and leaned over, shaking my hair out of the towel, drying it damply. I then heard a couple buzzes coming from my phone, I froze and whipped my hair up, having it hit the ceiling fan on accident.

"Oops.." I cringed. Damn my hair was way too long.

I leapt onto my bed with a thunk, and reached for my cell. I had missed a call from Taylor.. shit. But he left a message..

I listened to it, only to hear the same slight pause towards the end of his message. Like yesterday. Though he stuttered yesterday, which I thought was really cute but still... he was still trying to say it again!

Geez, I had to do something about this sometime while he was here. I needed to tell him the same..

We had spent two months together and now were moving on with our lives... I didn't know if our relationship would last through all of this, but though I hoped that we would still be good friends... And that we would know that we loved each other. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Sorry it's extremely short! Please comment! I would love to hear what you think about this. 

Xoxo