Take Me Back To The Beginning

Chapter Seventy:

Claire's POV

The following week.

Spooning a small banana slice, I served it into Andy's open mouth as he was sat in his high chair next to the kitchen table. He munched on it happily, finally getting the hang of this chewing thing. I then fed Dani some, ending with the same result.

Getting through the teething stage was the most grateful thing I've ever completed! I mean, dealing with them crying and screaming was enough pain for me (emotionally) to handle, but the pain inflicted on my body? Now that was a nightmare.

For six weeks. Pure. Chaos.

Taylor felt so sorry for me he treated me with back massages whenever he could, and in return, I'd give him the thing he loved most. Sweaty, hot sex.

Taylor sat in the chair across from myself, studying his iPhone while absently stirring the floating Apple Jacks within the pool of milk. I turned my attention towards him, then to outside through the window looking onto the overcast beach. The sun hid behind the deep gray clouds, peeking out from time to time; the stormy blue waves cruising up and down the shoreline caused sudden splashes to come out of nowhere.

I suddenly thought. Something completely random and really pointless, but I said it anyway.

I whipped my head over to Taylor, whom was in the middle of taking a bite of his cereal when:

"We should buy a house." I stated, setting the baby spoon down a little too harshly than planned. His eyes rose from the screen of the phone, puzzled and sort of shocked. The mechanics in his jaw slowly began working again before he spoke to my unusual plea.

"What for..."

I swallowed. "Because.. I don't know- well I think we should get a secondary home. You know, for when you have to travel a lot and stuff. "

"So New York?" His eyebrow arched.

"Well..." I trailed off.

He seemed to wait for my answer but it didn't end up coming out. I instead, babbled a bit. "I think that it's a good idea though. Doesn't Brad Pitt have maybe four different homes all across the country? And in Europe?"

He chuckled under his breath, pushing his bowl aside. "Brad Pitt has a million kids though."

Andy let out a tiny laugh, clapping his hands together. I barely blushed, crossing my ankles. "Well, yeah...I know Ashley has one here and also her and Kellan share a apartment in New York."

"It was inevitable." Taylor spoke while leaning back in his chair, criss-crossing his arms over his built chest.

I laughed, "So? What are your thoughts?"

He paused for quite a while. Which had me thinking that he didn't like the idea very much.

"I guess...we could." my eyes widened at his response. "I mean, where did you want to look?" He stared intently at me. A small tint of a smile playing over his moist lips.

I couldn't keep still. I jostled in my seat with an overwhelming excitement, causing Dani to squeal happily from beside. Taylor watched, looking rather amused. "You know I'd love to get a place in Manhattan, since it's also where you'd be a lot.. Though, I was thinking, maybe Santa Fe?" I cringed, waiting for his answer.

Immediately, his eyes lit up. I internally exhaled in relief that he might be agreeing with me.

"That would be nice, yeah..." He pondered. "Maybe... a vacation home instead? It'd make a little more sense, but I get where you're coming from." A wide grin shone brightly afterwards.