Make This Day Last Forever

Chapter Thirty Five:

Claire's POV

October 14th

Today didn't feel as real as I thought it would have. Though I didn't feel any older, I felt tired in a way. With the warm water rushing down my body, I slowly embraced relaxation. I had finished doing what I needed to do in the shower, and now I was just making myself relax for a few short simple minutes. Minutes that would prepare me for what I was about to do today.

Today was my 19th birthday.

And today. I was moving to LA.

"I can't believe you're really going.." Hayley sniffed from beside me as she was helping me pack up my things with my Mom.

I turned to her, taking her hand. "I'll come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas and-"

"My birthday right?" She smiled like her old self.

"Duh." I chuckled, pulling her into a big hug.

Though I knew I was leaving, as my birthday felt, it didn't feel at all real that I was actually leaving my home. But I also knew that Taylor and I would be just as happy back in LA. I knew that this was what I wanted.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Mom asked again for about the hundredth time. Worry crossing her eyebrows.

"Yes." I nodded surely, looking at her as I set a stack of shirts in my suitcase. "I'll be fine Mom." I stood straight, then seeing her features turn sad. Aww damn.. I hate this part. I took a step towards her giving her another one of my big hugs.

"I'm just going to miss my baby girl.." Her voice sullen in my ear.

"I know Mama. I'm gonna miss you too." I spoke letting go. I tried my hardest not to let my tears show.. "But hey, Taylor and I will be back sooner than you think."

"Okay sweetie." She wiped under her eyes and laughed a little. "Come on, seems like we're all done here, why don't I make you some birthday waffles."

"Okie dokie." I smiled, looking back at Hayley whom smiled right back at me.

Taylor's POV

I was sat on the guest bed, Claire's gift hanging out of my hand. I had gotten her a sterling silver heart necklace from Tiffany's. I took the pendant in my fingers, staring at it and hoping that she would like it. It had a small keyhole in the center where a little key was hooked around the side. Rhinestones sparkled among both the heart and the key. This was supposed to represent my heart.. Along with its key.

I knew that she already held both, but I just wanted to make it official. Especially since she was moving in with me today.

I took a deep breath and laid it on the thick layer of sheets, then beginning to get myself dressed. Afterward, I walked out of the bedroom, and into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth and gelling up my hair. As I started making my way back to go get the necklace, I heard some chatter coming from the kitchen. I guess that this would be the perfect time to give it to her.

I went ahead to the kitchen, placing my index finger on my lips as her Mom and Hayley saw me, though Claire was sitting at the table eating. I snuck up from behind her, leaning over her to place the necklace around, well, her neck. A small gasp came from her as I took the clasp and hooked it together.

"Happy Birthday Darling.." I said happily into her ear.

Though I noticed that she was way too busy staring at the large heart that was sat in her palm. Yeah, I think she likes it.