Things Were Going So Well

Chapter Sixty Six

Claire's POV

How is it that whenever I think of Jack, a string of guilt and betrayal sting me? Guilt, because of what we almost did. And betrayal, because on how it could've affected both Taylor and Hayley. I still don't understand what I was feeling that day. Maybe it could have been some leftover moodswings, releasing themselves one last and final time before disappearing forever. Or maybe I was just being honest with myself.

I watched Taylor lovingly kiss each of his children multiple times, on every covered and exposed skin of their chubby forms. I let the coming smile show, hearing my hearts thundering beats within my ears. Staring over them as I leaned against the archway that lead into the bathroom, something pulsed inside me. Signalling that there shouldn't be any guilt, nor betrayal. Everything had been said and done. It was in the past; this was the future.

At that moment, Taylor swiveled around, his eyes still wide with joy from having tickled the now laughing babies. I bit my bottom lip in the awaiting silence. He crossed the carpet floor quickly, sweeping my body within his strong grasp. The muscles of his arms circled and snaked up and down my curves, while I kept my arms tightly wound together, cradling them into his chest. Hot breath blew from his parted lips. My eyes flickered to them and then to his closed lids. They soon fluttered back open, knocking the air right out of me. Like I had tripped over a rock. The small, subtle movement of his hazel rounds made my whole body go completely haywire.

And when he kissed me, I knew that there wasn't anything wrong anymore. 

Our lips massaged together passionately, while the strength of our combining tongues brought the sense of urgency to the situation. His fingers grappled my hips, my hands slithered around his torso, it all was overwhelming me to the max. When I felt this jolt of force, this power unlease from him, I squeaked out a noise. Our mouths still deeply connected. With my eyes closed, I was unaware of our surroundings. Until my lower back hit the bathroom counter. Next came his horny stage. Not to mention my own. I snapped my eyes open to see that his were bulging. 

That wasn't the only thing that was bulging.

Full of hunger, he smoothed his fingertips along the trim of my lace nighty, gripping it with each kiss that was placed upon my neck. I sighed against his rising chest, and sadly felt that I had to stop this love fest.

"Hey," I cupped his chin. The eagerness that was mixed in the hazel of his eyes rapidly faded at the expression on my face.

"They won't notice that I'm not there.." He smirked, nuzzling his forehead into my neck.

"You're the main character.." I gently nudged his head back upright. He pouted, letting go of the red lace. "I love you, now go," I mumbled, pushing on his hard stomach, aiming for the door. 

"We'll see you later on, alright?" I shot him a grin as he stood outside our room in the hallway. He crossed his arms with a stern look on his tan face. I giggled under my breath. Poking my head out, I looked left and right to check if anyone was out there. I then stepped out quickly, stretching out my leg as much as I possibly could to keep the door from swinging shut, and laid a large kiss over Taylor's pursed lips. The muscles in his tensed jaw relaxed under my movements. I smiled slightly when I felt the tingle of his big hands come over my cheeks. 

This time, he pulled away, "I love you."

"I know," I said after taking a breather, crinkling my nose. He chuckled, and I gave him one last kiss on his own nose before departing back into the hotel room.

Sometimes I still didn't believe that I was actually married. And that I had given birth to two beautiful, healthy babies. It just wasn't real. Especially at twenty three. I thought that marrying and getting pregnant this young would stress me out, but with a husband such as Taylor, it all seemed lighter than the air itself. He knew how to carry you when you needed it, how to work together with you when things grew rough.