The Three Magic Words Finally Revealed

Chapter Twelve:

Taylor's POV

I peeked around Mark to see Claire walking down the hall and passing the kitchen. Smiling, I trailed after her. Mark patted me on the back as I walked past him. I continued stalking behind her, though she never looked back. Was she trying to avoid me? What did I do?

I grabbed her shoulders and spun her around once we were upstairs in the hallway. "What?" She blurted out.

Her face was flushed, small sweat droplets flowing down her neck, her messy bun was hanging out in different angles. What she was wearing had me wanting to go watch one of her classes... I had never seen her dance, but if she could be sexy just by being herself, then I don't think I would make it if I watched her do hip hop.

She stared attentively at me, a slightly annoyed look started to form. I wondered why she was acting like this...

"Yes?" She waved her hand in front of my face.

I shook my head, coming out of my daze. "Um.." I muttered.

She raised an eyebrow and huffed a sigh, turning back around and heading to her room. Maybe it was because she didn't want me to see her like that. Sweaty and tired. Well she saw me like that first in Santa Fe! Shirtless though...

I just stood there in the sunlit hall, thinking to myself. My brain was continuously sending messages to my legs, ordering them to move. Which they did eventually, carrying me to Claires room. The door was half open so I just poked my head through and saw her gathering some clothes together.

"Whatcha doin.." I asked curiously.

"Just getting some clean clothes to wear after I shower." She sighed, turning towards me with her hands full.

"Oh. You alright? You seemed kinda.." I hesitated.

"Kinda what?" Her eyebrows pushed down into a line.

"Edgy?" I pulled my body into the room, fully facing her now.

She laughed and looked down. "Yeah sorry.. I was just.. embarrassed I guess."

"About what?" I smiled, walking up to her.

"You seeing me like this." A red hue appeared on her cheeks as she looked back up at me.

I knew it. "You don't have to worry.. I've seen you with messy wild curls before.." I teased, though she didn't seem to think of it as a joke. "But, you don't have to look all glamorous to be beautiful in my eyes. You're naturally gorgeous, Claire. And that's what I love about you." My heart suddenly picked up as I spoke of the L word.

She smirked, "You love that about me?" Pronouncing three particular words more straight forward than the others.

I smiled, playing with my fingers and looked down at my feet. "Yes. I really do."

She threw her clothes on the bed, placing her now free hands on either side of my face, looking longingly into my eyes. My breathing began coming out short and hard as she stared at me. "I love you, Taylor. Always have." She almost whispered.

With that, I picked her up in my arms, crushing my lips to hers in an instant. I held her back with one hand and her legs with the other, kissing her with more passion than I have ever produced. Her legs tightened around my waist as we went on.

Now that we both knew, I think our relationship would grow healthier and stronger. Even if we didn't last as a pair, it would help our friendship and make it easier.

She moaned as I released my mouth from hers, grazing her bottom lip. We then opened our eyes, examining each other deeply. She smiled at me shyly like a little girl, laying her head against my chest. I laid my chin on top of her head, rocking back and forth as I held her. I took a breath before sitting down on her bed. She straddled her legs out and laid her delicate hands in mine. I held them tightly, knowing that I held the key to her heart.

And she held mine.