Happy Birthday: To The 3 People I Love

Chapter Sixty Four

Claire's POV

February 10th, 6:17am.

Technically I was aware that I was awake, but I stayed put, resting within Taylor's strong arms whom were hooked around my torso, while his breath lingered over my shoulder. Tingling my skin with its warmth. I smiled in my delight, beginning to fall under again just when Taylor stirred from behind. I ignored, going on with my plan on sleeping, though feeling his arms loosen for a moment, a small sound came from him and it made me wonder what was wrong. I still didn't move.

"Babe," He croaked sleepily, prodding me with his hand.

"Mmm," I mumbled in between my closed lips.

"Did you spill water or something.. Cause it's wet.."

"What, no," Eyes still shut, and eyebrows pressed together in confusion. It finally came to me.

I'm such an idiot.

My lids flew open with force in the conclusion that my water just broke.

"Holy shit."

"What?" His tone raised.

I began to breathe quickly, hyperventilation set in like no ones business as I continued to freak while Taylor sat beside me, oblivious of the situation.

"Holy.. shit. HOLY SHIT." I took one large breath, sitting up slowly and pulling back the covers, revealing a country sized wet spot between my legs.

I'm sure both of our faces were frozen with shock, but Taylor's easily beat mine.

I looked over at him, seeing his eyes bug open, the sense of tiredness completely out the window.

"Honey," I calmed myself down enough to care for him now. "We have to get to the hospital." I spoke softly, gently while grasping his cheeks, staring comfortingly into his hazel stars.

He just stared back. Blank.

"Taylor, speak to me- baby, come on." I searched him frantically until my first contraction butt in. Crouching over my bulge, I groaned through the stabbing pain, huffing in and out like I was taught.

Taylor came back to life then, saying the one thing that I would have never thought that he would say.

"You're fucking water broke!"

The expression on his face, from what I could see once the pain had passed for now, was so animated with panic, I thought he was going into cardiac arrest.

"Ya think?" Anxiety rang in my voice.

"I'm sorry baby, here, let me um- okay, I'll take you to the car first, and-" He rambles too much.

"Just do whatever you think is- urgh," Interrupted once again. "Best." I finished through my teeth.

"Right," He struggled to get his clothes on before making his way to my side, gingerly scooping his hands underneath me, letting my body slide down and into the bowl of his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he carried me as fast as he could down the stairs and out to the garage without jostling me too much.

He then hesitated on which (out of the four cars we had) car to set me in.

"S5. More room in the backseat." I moaned, still trying to breathe properly.

He nodded, obeying my orders and practically leaping across the garage floor to the side of the brown sports car. He lowered me to my feet slowly, as I still cradled my belly, stood awkwardly while he opened the door for me. I turned around, sitting down on the leather seat before laying length wise all the way up against the opposite window. Taylor crawled in over my trembling body, staring into me lovingly.