Roses In My Hair

Chapter Forty Four

Taylor's POV:

One month later

Today was finally the day we could go home. I was so fucking happy to be getting out of this downer place. And plus, everything was coming together between Claire and I.

Yes, we had our troubles during the beginning of our stay here, but I apologized for my actions a few days after..

---

I watched her stare out the window on this bright October day. The sun beams just bouncing off her purely tanned skin. I sighed and stood slowly, making my way over to her.

My body was still in that handicap stage, but I pushed through them and I was soon standing and walking again. Though slower than I would prefer.

I laid my hand on her shoulder, she jumped from my touch and turned to see me. "Can I say something?" I said.

"Sure. Go ahead, speak whatever." Her tone was solid as her eyes were obviously upset. Upset from what had happened when Jack had paid her a visit. She crossed her arms and leaned back against the window pane, waiting.

The sun shone straight through her big brown eyes. Sparkling like the Hope Diamond. I honestly almost forgot what I was gonna say...

She was just beautiful.

"Claire, I'm sorry about the other day. I'm sorry for being such an... ass. If you like the guy, I-i shouldn't be the one to stand in your way... I only want you to be happy. Your well being means the world to me, even if you don't spend it with me." Her eyes seemed to soften from what she was hearing. "I'll love you no matter what happens to us. Nothing can change that. Meeting you this summer was definitely the best thing that could've happened to me." I smiled.

Her mouth broke into a small grin, while her arms uncrossed. I knew that she understood.

Whatever happens to us in the future, if we fall apart or stay together, I'm always going to be grateful for meeting such an amazing person. I took her hand in mine as we stared at each other.

"I forgive you Taylor." She smiled, taking my other hand. "Thank you for being the most understanding one in this relationship." She added.

"Me?" I chuckled.

"Oh, you think its me?" Laughter flew out her lungs, sweet music to my ears.

"Lets just say that we're an equal team when it comes to that.." I smirked.

"Right..." She winked, laying her body against mine.

I squeezed her gently, my heart beating up the wall.

I knew I could marry this woman. She was my other half. My soul mate. I just hoped that she would say yes. If she didn't, I would be beat down, but I would always know that she would've made the right decision in her point of view.

Whatever makes her happy, makes me even happier.

---

Mom had brought me some fresh clothes from the house, along with a special gift for Claire.

After we were both dressed and checked out, we started making our way back home in my Audi. That my dad obviously dropped off. I was certainly devastated about my BMW... It was my first car and all, but I guess being alive was better.

Claire's POV:

Taylor's mood seemed pretty at ease as we were driving back. I wondered what was up. He wasn't normally this relaxed..