Honesty And Truth

Chapter Fourteen:

Claire's POV

"Well this is awkward.." Addie mumbled sarcastically.

I breathed a chuckle and looked over at Taylor, who was now clicking his soda open and taking a sip.

"So you're really Taylor Lautner?" Mariah spoke up randomly. We all laughed as she looked at us and shrugged.

"Yeah, last time I checked." Taylor grinned.

"How long have you two been together?" Brooke wondering, crossing her long legs.

We looked at each other, his eyebrow raised in thought. "Well," I started.

"Almost three months?" He said still looking at me.

I nodded, smiling widely. "Sounds about right." I picked up my legs up onto the corduroy couch, criss-crossing them and laying our twined hands on my thigh. Taylor then started to stroke my hand with his thumb, having me smile shyly. I looked at him from beneath my lashes, feeling the slight warmth come to my cheeks as I felt all the stares upon us.

"Aww!" they all chorused.

Both Taylor and I looked away from each other and down at our laps. He was just as shy as I was. Which made him even cuter.

We eventually left after an hour or two.. It was fun but also embarrassing. Though they were my friends, they almost acted like my moms. Talking about old stories that involved myself, and everything else in between. Taylor would often laugh and poke my side, or kiss me on the cheek as a act of comfort. I on the other hand, blushed to the point of no return.

It was about 3:30 once we were in the downtown area. "Want some ice cream Tay?" I asked as we were stopped at a stoplight.

He seemed to perk up at the sound of that, but then went glum. "Can't."

"Ah crap, yeah.." I pouted. "But ya know, this is your vacation. Its just a little ice cream, right?" I pushed a little. Just cause, I really wanted ice cream and didn't want to have to eat it in front of him by myself.

He sighed, and thought. Though it only lasted a split second. "Well... Okay." grinning ear to ear.

I smiled and turned into a shopping center which held a Safeway, Baja Fresh, Quiznos, and a Cold Stone. Along with others...

"Ahh shit." Taylor muttered as I parked Bee in front of the shop.

Seeing what he was seeing, I just replied, "Just put on your sunglasses. I'm sure it'll be okay.." speaking of the amount of people in the popular ice cream store, recognizing him and all.

We stepped out and I locked Bee, he beeped surely back at me and I grabbed Taylors warm hand. He opened the door for me and I walked into the chilly shop. At first, a couple people glanced at us. Mostly at Taylor. Which was typical. But then went back to whatever they were doing. Then a couple of girls who were my age walked by the ice cream cones in their hands and shot curious lasers at Taylor. I raised an eyebrow at them and they quickly scurried off. Satisfied, I got coffee ice cream with peanut butter cups and Taylor got cake batter. His absolute favorite. We then exited the place as soon as possible, just for his sake and got in the car and sped off.

He packed in spoonful after spoonful into his mouth so fast, I didn't even know it was possible. Seems like he hasn't had ice cream his whole life. We both laughed when he got a minor brain freeze and I ate mine carefully since I was driving.

When we arrived back home, I just left Bee in the driveway. Taylor had talked of maybe going out later, so I just decided to leave him out if I was going to drive. We walked through my house, connected at the waist, and upstairs to my room. Saying hello to my parents when we passed their room.