The Beginning Of The Stutters

Chapter Eight:

Claire's POV

I sat in my bedroom, back at home, doing some homework. My iPod blasting on the iHome, it played Other Side by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I tapped my pencil against my binder listening to the beat. Humming though mostly singing the words as I studied a math problem. Man, how much I hated math... Wished it would jump off a cliff and would never be thought of ever again. Though, those were my thoughts.

The song soon changed, playing Solo by Iyaz. My heart strings tugged forcefully at the lyrics, having me think of Taylor. Who was now six hours away from me. Away and back in his famous life..

Stop it Claire. You should have more faith in him than that..

I leaned back against some of my pillows, thinking..

I hadn't talked to him since the day we left Santa Fe four days ago. Now suddenly thinking about him, had me missing him deeply. I missed his face, his soft hair, the way he smiled, his goofy laugh, his adorable blush, his sparkling eyes... His deep voice. All the memories of our time together were slowly making they're way back into my mind. I knew he was busy now and that he wouldn't have time for me anymore.. He had to film his movies, do interviews, shows.. I didn't see myself in his life. He was right all along.

I never belonged... anywhere.

My room had grown quiet, with only the soft melodies of pianist, Yiruma, playing through the speakers. I looked down and saw small stained droplets of my tears on my shirt. I quickly wiped my eyes and got back to my stupid math homework.

Though my heart ached for something most important at that moment.

After I was finished, it was only four in the afternoon so I called over my good friend Kacilyn for some company. She happily came over and we walked to the park and talked.

"So how are you doing?" She started by bringing up the Taylor subject.

I had told her right when I got home, and just a couple of my other good friends who I knew wouldn't completely freak.

"I'm okay.." I mumbled. She took her hand and rubbed my back comfortingly. I looked at her and tried to smile. Only feeling those tears starting to roll back out like earlier.

"Oh Claire..." She sighed, pulling me into a hug. "It'll be okay, I promise."

I only sniffled, thinking of him. I missed his warm fingers around mine, it was a carefree feeling that I really needed right now. His energy; his presence was soothing and uplifting. Though I was now down and sullen without him. Kaci rubbed my back, more and more tears pouring out.

Why was I acting this way? I never cried this much over something or someone.. Did I really love him this much?

Then my phone suddenly began vibrating in my jeans pocket, startling me. I jumped and slipped it out, checking the ID... It was Taylor.

It was a picture of us in Santa Fe, we were in their kitchen, and Taylor had his arms wrapped around me, as I stared up at him with wondering eyes and huge smile on my face. I asked Makena to take it for us... I had almost forgotten I even had this picture.

Holy...

With nerves overwelming me, I handed my cell to Kaci while I had to mentally prepare myself to speak to him.. She held the vibrating phone in her palm, very confused. I motioned to it, and she cocked her head to the side like the goofy blonde she was. "You... want me.. talk?" She blurted out.

I nodded, "Please... I just need a minute."

She swallowed and answered, "Hello...?" Her voice sounding unsure about what she was about to be listening to.

"Umm.. this is her friend Kacilyn?" ... She laughs slightly. "Yeahh, she'll be right with you.. Sorry." ... "Uh huh. Kay.. Uh you're welcome. Bye." She handed it back to me with a grin on her freckled face. I took it, holding it up to my ear.

"Hey.." I cleared my throat.

"Claire.." He sighed in relief it sounded like. "How are you? I'm sorry I haven't called or texted.. Right when I got home, my manager filled me in with my new schedule." His familiar husky voice immediately lightened up my mood.

"I'm doing okay.. And it's no problem, Taylor, I know you're busy and things so don't worry about me." I almost lied.

"Claire.. please be honest.. I know you must be.." He paused.

"What Taylor? Hurt? Broken? No calls or anything? I know its only been four or less days but still, its hard to be apart from you!" I sniffed, a single tear streaming down my cheek. What was with all this crying! I don't think I've ever cried this much ever... I looked to the side to see Kace watching me intentively.

"I'm so sorry baby.. I.. I really don't know what to do or say.. Though you know that I never meant to hurt you in any way possible.."

"I know that, but its.. its just.." I struggled.

"Hard?" He flawlessly finished my sentence.

"Yeah.." I sighed. We we're quiet for a minute, only the slow breeze blowing into the receiver.

He then said, "Well you know, I actually don't have anything Saturday or Sunday... Would you like me to drive down for the weekend? I could drive down, what, friday afternoon. Be there by late evening?" I could tell by the tone in his voice that he was smiling, just like I was right now.

"If thats not too much trouble for you... I don't want you to have to drive six hours just for the weekend." I was slightly stubborn, though I really needed to see him.

"It's perfectly fine. Honestly. I just have to work out earlier afternoon on friday but that should only be about an hour.. So I'll be right on my way afterwards, okay?" My grin grew wider.

"Okay.." I muttered shyly.

"And Claire.." He seemed to hesitate. Why?

"Yes...?"

"I.. I.. I can't wait to see you."

Smooth recovery boy. I chuckled, "Same here. See you then, miss you."

"Miss you too, so much. Bye."

I smiled, "Bye." I hung up and laid down in the grass. Kaci still excited and waiting to hear what he had to say. I explained pretty much all of it, along with some dazed sighs in between. She squealed when I told her that he was trying to say that he loved me, though I already knew...

Deep down I knew.

Which had me thinking that I loved him too.. Truly.

Kacilyn kept babbling about how sexy his voice was and that she actually spoke to Taylor Lautner. I tried to listen but my thoughts overtook me..

He would be here, in town friday night. That was tomorrow! I would be in his grasp tomorrow night, his lips would be connected with mine, my eyes seeing his once again. I slowly began daydreaming about his arrival.

Someday my prince will come...

No, screw that.

Tomorrow, my prince shall arrive in a white Audi R8.

When I really thought about that, his car would REALLY stick out in my town. I mean like seriously? No one here has that kind of money...

I longed for his warm arms around me, holding me and never letting go. Yeah, that sounds so corny but who cares when your boyfriend is Taylor Daniel Lautner? Not me. He's everything a girl dreams of having and he's mine. Though I would let my friends hug him and things.. I don't think that would get to me.. But knowing that my parents like him, well that's just a major bonus for both him and me.