New Beginnings Come With New Adventures

The song on the side is mainly for the end of this chapter, but you can listen to it if you'd like :) Death Cab is my everyday music <3

Chapter Fifty Seven:

Claire's POV

Goosebumps rose up my arms as I grasped some white sand in my palms. The feeling of the midnight ocean breeze, the fresh smells around me, it was all so soothing. I took my gaze from the calm waves and turned up to the moon. It was full, big, and mesmerizing. It had me think about what had happened this past week... The best week of my life.

Lets get it out of the way before things get awkward... I admit, we've had sex or made love about every single night-- to the point where my crotch is a bit numb. Hey, I'm only speaking honestly! Other than that, the scuba diving was my favorite by far. Cruising beneath the blue water, above and through those vibrant coral reefs; Taylor even had to pull me away when I got too fascinated with a friendly Lion Fish (they are poisonous yes). I loved being there with all the exotic types of fish. It was like I was in a completely different world. Their world..

The town that we finally explored our fourth day here, it was so foreign, but so... beautiful. I enjoyed every minute of our time there, holding Taylor's hand within my own and just walking around at our own will. It was an amazing feeling. Though once we got deeper, towards more of the city aspect, people started recognizing us-- bringing a magnifying glass right over us at once. They soon got the hint that this was our honeymoon and that we didn't want to be bothered... But knowing Taylor, he offered some autographs to the Twilight fans (who were pumped for the on coming arrival of Breaking Dawn Part 2 in November). I happily signed a few things when asked for. Pictures were taken both close and afar, although, we carried on with our adventure with smiles on our faces.

It was like a light bulb had turned off. My recap suddenly stopped when I realised that the water was slowly raising up higher and higher towards where I was sitting. I quickly scrambled to my feet, brushing off the excess sand from my pants and walked up the slope towards the open glass door. I slipped in quietly, wondering to myself if Taylor had fallen asleep. I told him I was going to go sit outside for a while, but I didn't notice that it was already twelve thirty in the morning.

I wandered through the family room, seeing that he wasn't there, and made my way down to the bedroom. As I strode in, a crack of light shining upon the wooden flooring caught my eye. I then followed where it was coming from. Approaching the door, I was about to push it open when I heard the horrific sound of someone throwing up.

Ugh, my stomach churned as my face winced away from the door. After it stopped I immediately opened the door to find Taylor lying on the tile floor with one hand on the rim of the toilet seat and the other holding a wet wash cloth to his forehead. My features scrunched together in pain of seeing him so sick, while his eyes slowly opened to look at me. Though instead of copying my look, he just rolled those big hazel eyes of his, having me shake my head and crouch down next to his limp, shaking body. The smell was worse down here. Eww.

"What happened to you?" I rubbed the hand that was atop his head.

"Food poisoning I'm thinking.." His stomach gurgled loudly. "Yeah, I'm sure." An uneasy look took his face.

Yuck, I thought. "From the fish you had tonight? Really?"

"Maybe it was a bad catch of swordfish." He barely shrugged from under me.

"What are the odds..." I slightly smiled. He almost grinned just as his eyes widened and I helped him up as fast as I could to the white bowl of greatness. I rubbed his back soothingly while he got his breath back, and wiped his mouth with another towel beside us.